+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo transfter file to Seattle - Please share timeline

suvv

Aug 7, 2010
Hello Guys,

Got the PPR request today from seattle office. Gr8 news for all who are waiting. Now i m in India and have to send my our passports to seattle in 30 days. Now i m confused as how do i send our passports along with the RPRF fees. This is the major task I have right now. I had waited quite alot for PPR request and finally I have got it.

Now along with the RPRF, consulate also sent me 1 attached pdf file for authorizing a designated individual for passports send back to USA. My sister lives in USA and I am going to provide them a prepaid envelope of her address. for that I will have to fill that form. Can anyone let me know what is the process for this as what i m supposed to do so that seattle consulate send back our passports to my sister's address. Did anybody fill that authority form to the consulate??? please help me in this regard as i will have to guide my sister accordingly as I m in India and my office is in seattle.

I am happy but equally nervous as how I send our PP there. Anywaz will figure our something. Keep you all updated with the latest info.

Best of luck and thanks for your support. SUVV!!!

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
suvv said:
Hello Guys,

Got the PPR request today from seattle office. Gr8 news for all who are waiting. Now i m in India and have to send my our passports to seattle in 30 days. Now i m confused as how do i send our passports along with the RPRF fees. This is the major task I have right now. I had waited quite alot for PPR request and finally I have got it.

Now along with the RPRF, consulate also sent me 1 attached pdf file for authorizing a designated individual for passports send back to USA. My sister lives in USA and I am going to provide them a prepaid envelope of her address. for that I will have to fill that form. Can anyone let me know what is the process for this as what i m supposed to do so that seattle consulate send back our passports to my sister's address. Did anybody fill that authority form to the consulate??? please help me in this regard as i will have to guide my sister accordingly as I m in India and my office is in seattle.

I am happy but equally nervous as how I send our PP there. Anywaz will figure our something. Keep you all updated with the latest info.

Best of luck and thanks for your support. SUVV!!!
Hohohohohoho........ The lucky one in the week is you. Congratulation.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
eco said:
Hi Guys,

It seems they are lazy to put all the procedures on the ECAS. Mine also showed one sentence:
"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."
So, loveson, there is nothing to worry about. You will get your visa back very soon.
hi, eco

What date did your Ecas changed to DM? Wendy is 07AUG, and mine is 14AUG.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
hi, Guys

Good news here?

Wendy, have you receive your passport back ? :D

I am still waiting for our passports back.

wendyg79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
07-07-2010 (CIO to Buffalo)
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
LANDED..........
10-09-2012
Hi Loveson,

No, sadly still no sign of my passport (unless it's in today's mail). It's been 2 weeks since my ecas changed to DM so i hope i will get them back very soon. Now 5 weeks since my passport arrived in Seattle. Eco was definitely lucky with a quick turnaround. If I don't have them back by Thurs/Fri i might email Seattle and see if they can let me know the mailing date. I hate that it's not trackable! Oh well.

Thanks for checking in with us :)
W

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
wendyg79 said:
Hi Loveson,

No, sadly still no sign of my passport (unless it's in today's mail). It's been 2 weeks since my ecas changed to DM so i hope i will get them back very soon. Now 5 weeks since my passport arrived in Seattle. Eco was definitely lucky with a quick turnaround. If I don't have them back by Thurs/Fri i might email Seattle and see if they can let me know the mailing date. I hate that it's not trackable! Oh well.

Thanks for checking in with us :)
W
hi,Wendy, Its no good to hear that you still haven't receive back your passport. Its really so weird, I think it only takes 1.5 week for mailing back the passport. It has been 2 weeks since DM.

I start to worry about our passports. Hope I can expect them to reach me before next week. ;D

Good luck, Wendy. Tell us your good news as soon as you get that back. ;D

wendyg79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
LANDED..........
10-09-2012
Update - I now have our passports back. Yay. So relieved!

So here's the story for everyone in case it applies to others.

They ask you to send a self-addressed plain envelope (specific size) when you mail your passports to Seattle. VO had my physical address on file instead of my PO box so when i wrote the self-addressed envelope i put my PO box instead. Today i told my landlady that perhaps she should check her mailbox in case for some reason immigration didn't use my self-addressed envelope and printed their own with the other address. And that is EXACTLY what happened. They sent our passports to our physcial address in a different envelope. Postmark is dated Aug 3, DM appeared on ecas Aug 7 so it appears they do mail out the friday before it appears as DM on your ecas. Either way it still took approx 17 days to get from Seattle to Whistler so be patient if you aren't in a big city :)

Good luck to everyone else. Now it's vacation time for me so we can activate on our return :) :) :)

eco

May 16, 2012
wendyg79 said:

They ask you to send a self-addressed plain envelope (specific size) when you mail your passports to Seattle. VO had my physical address on file instead of my PO box so when i wrote the self-addressed envelope i put my PO box instead. Today i told my landlady that perhaps she should check her mailbox in case for some reason immigration didn't use my self-addressed envelope and printed their own with the other address. And that is EXACTLY what happened. They sent our passports to our physcial address in a different envelope. Postmark is dated Aug 3, DM appeared on ecas Aug 7 so it appears they do mail out the friday before it appears as DM on your ecas. Either way it still took approx 17 days to get from Seattle to Whistler so be patient if you aren't in a big city :)

Good luck to everyone else. Now it's vacation time for me so we can activate on our return :) :) :)
Congrats Wendy, I am so happy for you. Have a safe landing.

wendyg79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
LANDED..........
10-09-2012
eco said:
Congrats Wendy, I am so happy for you. Have a safe landing.
Thanks so much Eco. Your email reply must have had good luck in it :)

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
wendyg79 said:

Congratulation, Wendy. So happy to hear good news from you.

And Update here..... Good news. I just got the passports back as well.

Total process time from PPR till today, only 20 days (including weekends).

Guys, no worries. Good luck to all of you.

wendyg79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
LANDED..........
10-09-2012
loveson said:
Congratulation, Wendy. So happy to hear good news from you.

And Update here..... Good news. I just got the passports back as well.

Total process time from PPR till today, only 20 days (including weekends).

Guys, no worries. Good luck to all of you.
What? That is crazy. Even faster than Eco and i didn't think that was possible. Makes up for those extra X-rays and delays you had. Well done. Guess I win for the longest waiting time in our little batch then :) Those extra fews hours drive from Van to Whis must take 2 weeks longer for Canada Post LOL.

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
wendyg79 said:
What? That is crazy. Even faster than Eco and i didn't think that was possible. Makes up for those extra X-rays and delays you had. Well done. Guess I win for the longest waiting time in our little batch then :) Those extra fews hours drive from Van to Whis must take 2 weeks longer for Canada Post LOL.
;D ;D I coudn't believe its such fast as well. finally got the landing papers. so happy at this moment.

Yes, i thought i would be the slowest one to get these things as my additional medical and wife pregnacy. But its not, so I would love to tell the other ones are waiting for PPR, don't lose hope. Things are always better than you imagine.

Wendy, you can go and enjoy your holidays then. :D Good luck to you. :D

And all of you guys.

deise

Star Member
Sep 9, 2011
Visa Office......
Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22 Feb 2010
File Transfer...