WAIVED
Passport Req..
14-6-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-7-12
LANDED..........
13-8-12
Dear applicant :

This concerns your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We require valid passport(s) for you, and any accompanying family members, before we can issue your permanent resident visa(s). You must provide your passport(s) to our office within 30 days of the date of this message. Failure to do so could result in significant processing delays or the closure of your file.

YOU MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR PASSPORT:

Two (2) passport size, colour photos per person on a white background. You will find the photograph specifications at
If the requested item(s) listed above are not submitted with your passport(s), processing of your application remains incomplete and your passport(s) will be returned to you without the permanent resident visa(s).

On receipt of your passport(s), your permanent resident visa(s) will be valid until XX April 2013 or your passport expiration date, whichever is shorter. Please note that this is the date on or before which you and all of your accompanying dependents must present your immigrant visa(s) to a Canadian immigration officer at a port-of-entry into Canada to become a permanent resident.

The issuance of your permanent resident visa is based upon the information you provided to us prior to this date, concerning your marital status (and that of your family members, if any), the composition of your family and the money you will transfer to Canada. If any of this information has changed or you know that it will change prior to using your permanent resident visa, you must inform this office immediately. Examples of changes in family composition include a new spouse or a new child. You should also inform this office if you or an accompanying family member is pregnant. Failure to inform this office of such changes could affect your admissibility to Canada and result in the refusal of your admission to Canada or in your removal from Canada after becoming a permanent resident.

PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS:

We require an original valid passport for yourself and every accompanying family member.

Passports for all family members must be submitted together.

There must be at least one blank page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport, there must be blank pages for their visas as well.

The immigrant visa placed in your passport has an expiry date. You may enter Canada any time before the expiry date. The expiry date cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying a new processing fee. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

PASSPORT SUBMISSION:

You must mail your passport(s) along with a printout of this message.

PASSPORT RETURN:

Once you have mailed your passports to us, they will be returned to you within four weeks from the date we receive them. We will mail permanent residence documents to addresses in the USA or Canada only.
We will NOT mail passports to your address in India. You must give us an address either in USA or in Canada for return of your passports.

Please note that the visa office in Seattle will not return your passports/documents using any courier services. Please read the following instructions very carefully.

IF YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS IN THE USA:
Please include a prepaid, 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelope. This envelope will be used to return your permanent residence documents to you. Make a note of the tracking number for this envelope.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Canadian Consulate General in Seattle in the “Return Address” field (see our address below). Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.
If you chose not to provide a return envelope, then we will mail only your passports and/or permanent residence documents via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail). The Consulate is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.

IF YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS IN CANADA:
Please include a plain 9" x 12" self-addressed envelope. No postage is necessary.
The Consulate will send all mail to addresses in Canada via regular mail (U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail) only. We will not use registered mail, certified mail, Canadian postage coupons or Canadian Xpresspost envelopes. The Consulate is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
We look forward to your early compliance with this request.
Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General, Seattle
1501 4th Ave., Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101

Matt2010

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks so much for all the info sanaman!!! & Congrats on the PPR!

I can conform can3x8's post regarding mailing the passport from India. I only read it in this forum as well, but it seems to be quite the issue for many people...

And yes nurse_hope1983 you are right with the newbie status and personal messages... I was unable to send personal messages until I became a "full member".

Good luck everybody for getting the PPR or whatever your next stage is!!

can3x8

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Thank you so much Sanaman !!! This is gr8 help for PPR waiting group .

Once again Congrats and Good Luck with your next move.

can3x8

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
For people in Canada they are going to send the passports back by regular mail , and VISA office not responsible for anything ...... This is so injustice :eek:

Why are they not allowed to track their package with express post

I guess we all have to check our mail everyday fingers crossed :eek:

Also no mention about stamping in person ....

Patience thy name is canada PR ;D

DouNai

Jun 8, 2012
sanaman said:
is its possible they grant me visitor visa for canada if i am apply in india vo . i tell all problem to vo . i think they give me visitor visa for visa stemping . so i decide to apply visitor visa on monday.
our case is almost done !!!

ppls help friends .

thanks to all my friends best of luck , i hope all recived ppr as soon as .
congratulation sanaman , Best wishes
I have a question about your status.
You said you want to apply the visitor VISA, As I know
if we are the FSW applicants, we must have valid work permit on the date taht PR VISA issued.
I just follow the regulation. Could you please answer me about that.

Purkoni

Feb 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2011 to Seattle,WA
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
sanaman said:
Dear applicant :

This concerns your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We require valid passport(s) for you, and any accompanying family members, before we can issue your permanent resident visa(s). You must provide your passport(s) to our office within 30 days of the date of this message. Failure to do so could result in significant processing delays or the closure of your file.

YOU MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR PASSPORT:

Two (2) passport size, colour photos per person on a white background. You will find the photograph specifications at
If the requested item(s) listed above are not submitted with your passport(s), processing of your application remains incomplete and your passport(s) will be returned to you without the permanent resident visa(s).

On receipt of your passport(s), your permanent resident visa(s) will be valid until XX April 2013 or your passport expiration date, whichever is shorter. Please note that this is the date on or before which you and all of your accompanying dependents must present your immigrant visa(s) to a Canadian immigration officer at a port-of-entry into Canada to become a permanent resident.

The issuance of your permanent resident visa is based upon the information you provided to us prior to this date, concerning your marital status (and that of your family members, if any), the composition of your family and the money you will transfer to Canada. If any of this information has changed or you know that it will change prior to using your permanent resident visa, you must inform this office immediately. Examples of changes in family composition include a new spouse or a new child. You should also inform this office if you or an accompanying family member is pregnant. Failure to inform this office of such changes could affect your admissibility to Canada and result in the refusal of your admission to Canada or in your removal from Canada after becoming a permanent resident.

PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS:

We require an original valid passport for yourself and every accompanying family member.

Passports for all family members must be submitted together.

There must be at least one blank page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport, there must be blank pages for their visas as well.

The immigrant visa placed in your passport has an expiry date. You may enter Canada any time before the expiry date. The expiry date cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying a new processing fee. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.

PASSPORT SUBMISSION:

You must mail your passport(s) along with a printout of this message.

PASSPORT RETURN:

Once you have mailed your passports to us, they will be returned to you within four weeks from the date we receive them. We will mail permanent residence documents to addresses in the USA or Canada only.
We will NOT mail passports to your address in India. You must give us an address either in USA or in Canada for return of your passports.

Please note that the visa office in Seattle will not return your passports/documents using any courier services. Please read the following instructions very carefully.

IF YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS IN THE USA:
Please include a prepaid, 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelope. This envelope will be used to return your permanent residence documents to you. Make a note of the tracking number for this envelope.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Canadian Consulate General in Seattle in the “Return Address” field (see our address below). Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.
If you chose not to provide a return envelope, then we will mail only your passports and/or permanent residence documents via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail). The Consulate is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.

IF YOUR MAILING ADDRESS IS IN CANADA:
Please include a plain 9" x 12" self-addressed envelope. No postage is necessary.
The Consulate will send all mail to addresses in Canada via regular mail (U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail) only. We will not use registered mail, certified mail, Canadian postage coupons or Canadian Xpresspost envelopes. The Consulate is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.
We look forward to your early compliance with this request.
Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General, Seattle
1501 4th Ave., Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101
I do not understand.I am in Toronto now.How to send my passport's to Seattle?Can I send by Fed Ex or with normal Canada post only?

can3x8

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
While sending you can send by your own way, Canada post , FedEx etc but while getting back they are sending by regular mail which we cannot track and it takes time to reach us.

Detroit VISA office is allowing Canada express post envelope to send back our passport but not Seattle . So unfair.

We cannot track as well wait longer :eek: that's what I got from email above.

sanaman

May 22, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SEATTLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2009
AOR Received.
06-04-2009
File Transfer...
13-4-10
Med's Request
4-4-12
Med's Done....
19-4-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
14-6-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-7-12
LANDED..........
13-8-12
DouNai when i apply fsw then i have valid work permit . after my work permit expires after 1 year then i come back to india . so now i need visitor visa for stamping .

sanaman

May 22, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SEATTLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2009
AOR Received.
06-04-2009
File Transfer...
13-4-10
Med's Request
4-4-12
Med's Done....
19-4-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
14-6-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-7-12
LANDED..........
13-8-12
pukroni u have all option to send passport to seattle but if ur in canada they only return ur passport with normal mail but dont worry no prob with that. okkk

DouNai

Jun 8, 2012
sanaman said:
DouNai when i apply fsw then i have valid work permit . after my work permit expires after 1 year then i come back to india . so now i need visitor visa for stamping .
Sanaman thanks for your prompt reply , I faced a problem could you let me know more about your application , could you please let me know your current tel or MSN to communicate with you, Thanks again !!!

congratulation Purkoni PPR email is coming!

sanaman

May 22, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SEATTLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2009
AOR Received.
06-04-2009
File Transfer...
13-4-10
Med's Request
4-4-12
Med's Done....
19-4-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
14-6-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-7-12
LANDED..........
13-8-12
MY EMAIL ID : sandeep529@hotmail.com .

rita1974

Jun 13, 2012
sanaman said:
MY EMAIL ID : sandeep529 @ hotmail.com .
Hi friend
My status same too.
in 29th may may status change to Decision made but didn't get any pass request email.
when did your status change to decision made and how long did recieve to pass request email to u?
in pass request email has said how send your pass port and other things, can u tell me?
thank u alot

sanaman

May 22, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SEATTLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2009
AOR Received.
06-04-2009
File Transfer...
13-4-10
Med's Request
4-4-12
Med's Done....
19-4-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
14-6-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-7-12
LANDED..........
13-8-12
rita my status not change its still show in process .

sanaman

May 22, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SEATTLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2009
AOR Received.
06-04-2009
File Transfer...
13-4-10
Med's Request
4-4-12
Med's Done....
19-4-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
14-6-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-7-12
LANDED..........
13-8-12
rita i am already paste all my mail which one i recived see in last posts . i recived ppr after 70 day from md request.

nurse_hope1983

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-12-2011
Med's Request
10-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
04-10-2012
Is it okey to send an inquiry email to Seattle? Or it would delayed or affect my application?