+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo Office Closure Mess..!! - PLZ Help!!

Sheron

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - > Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-April-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
14-July-2010
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
14-May-2012
Med's Done....
06-June-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-March-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-March-2013
LANDED..........
6-April-2013
Hi i got medicals from Buffalo office dated May14 and i came to know that Buffalo office is closed now and i was wondering where should i send my Right for Permanent Resident Fee ($490) to and how do i know where my file is now...!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You may have already read the following bulletin, but hope it helps answer your questions. It looks like you will be dealing with CPP-O. Congrats on being so close to your goal! Good Luck.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob425.asp

Operational Bulletin 425 - May 29, 2012

Restructuring of the North American Processing Network and Closure of the Visa Office at the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo – Permanent Residence Program

Summary

The purpose of this Operational Bulletin is to provide information regarding the restructuring of the North American processing network, including the closure of the Buffalo visa office and transfer of permanent resident services throughout the network.

Background

Effective immediately, the North American processing network has been restructured to modernize and streamline processing of permanent resident applications abroad. As part of the restructure, the visa section of the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo has been closed to the public and the permanent resident workload at all United States (U.S.) visa offices has been re-aligned.

Instructions

Permanent Resident Processing

New Applications

New Federal Skilled Worker, Quebec Skilled Worker, Provincial Nominee Program, and the Federal Investor program applications should continue to be submitted to the Centralized Intake Office, Sydney (CIO-S).

Beginning May 29, 2012 Federal Self-employed Class and Quebec Business Class applications will also be submitted to the Centralized Intake Office, Sydney (CIO-S).

Family Class applications should continue to be submitted to the Case Processing Centre, Mississauga (CPC-M).

Applications in-Process

Applications currently in process in Buffalo will be transferred to the Case Processing Pilot Office – Ottawa (CPP-O) for processing. All original supporting documents accompanying applications in Buffalo will also be transferred. Those who have already sent documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, New York do not need to re-send them.

External Client Enquiries

During this transition period, applicants and their representatives should refrain from contacting visa offices. Applicants will be contacted by the new processing mission in due course.

Returning Permanent Residents

Returning permanent residents without a valid Permanent Resident card currently located in the U.S. are encouraged to submit the Applications for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) to any of the following visa offices in the U.S.: Los Angeles, Seattle, Detroit, New York, or Washington, D.C.

All Applications for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) in-process at visa offices other than Buffalo will be completed in those offices.

All Applications for a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) in-process in Buffalo will be transferred to one of the visa offices identified above. Applicants will be contacted by the new processing mission in due course.

Web Sites
•New York
•Los Angeles
•Detroit
•Seattle
•Washington, D.C.

Expiry of Directives

These directives will remain in force until further notice. Further instructions will be communicated as required.

Sheron

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - > Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-April-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
14-July-2010
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
14-May-2012
Med's Done....
06-June-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-March-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-March-2013
LANDED..........
6-April-2013
Thanks alot.. it was really helpful

steve2007

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-01-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
god knows
LANDED..........
god knows
Sheron,

I have the same concern.. I sent an email enquiry to CPP-Ottawa.

Steven

ram84

Jan 12, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2010
Doc's Request.
20 mar 2010
AOR Received.
novermber
Med's Request
25 october2011
Med's Done....
5 november 2011
Interview........
no
hi steven
did you get any reply from Ottawa
plz shere information here

steve2007

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-10-2010
File Transfer...
03-01-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2012
Med's Done....
07-06-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
god knows
LANDED..........
god knows
no, i didn't get any response yet

they ignore my emails ..... sigh....

Sheron

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - > Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-April-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
14-July-2010
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
14-May-2012
Med's Done....
06-June-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-March-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-March-2013
LANDED..........
6-April-2013
I send email to both Buffalo and Ottawa.. No reply from Ottawa .. buffalo replied like this:

The Visa and Immigration Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo is closed and services have been transferred across the North American processing network. Please see (cic website link) for application submission information.

For permanent resident applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-If you are an applicant for permanent residence and you received a letter or email from our office asking you to submit your passport(s) or passport copies to our office in Buffalo, you must now submit your passport(s) or passport copies to the Consulate in Detroit. Please click here for mailing instructions.

-All other applications for permanent residence have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 60 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa for additional information.

For non-immigrant applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-Applications for non-immigrant services from applicants in Canada have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa.

-Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Documents have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating east of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating west of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting Los Angeles.

-Applications for criminal rehabilitation, temporary resident permits and authorizations to return to Canada have been transferred to the Canadian Embassy in Washington, DC, effective June 18, 2012. Please allow at least 30 days prior to contacting Washington.

wjfriend

Jun 4, 2012
I am the similar problem, and I do not know where I should send my document which was requested by the Buffalo office on May. I also got the same reply email from Buffalo, but no response from CPP-O yet.

riyarose

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
Please help me

I got the requirements from the consulate on May 5th and I already submitted the required documents to Buffalo office in last week. Now as this buffalo office is closed and I already mailed the documents, what should I do? Do i again need to resend to Ottawa office?
I emailed to buffalo office but its same automatic message comes that they are closed...... and I emailed to Ottawa office but no one replied yet?

I had got signature confirmation from the person who accepted that package from Buffalo office. Please let me know , I am very confused?

what should I do?
anyone with same situation?

Thanks in advance.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riyarose said:
Please help me

I got the requirements from the consulate on May 5th and I already submitted the required documents to Buffalo office in last week. Now as this buffalo office is closed and I already mailed the documents, what should I do? Do i again need to resend to Ottawa office?
I emailed to buffalo office but its same automatic message comes that they are closed...... and I emailed to Ottawa office but no one replied yet?

I had got signature confirmation from the person who accepted that package from Buffalo office. Please let me know , I am very confused?

what should I do?
anyone with same situation?

Thanks in advance.
Buffalo officially closed already but there are people there finishing things up (some folks on the family side got their CoPRs mailed to them today from Buffalo) so they should toward the package with your application and forward it if necessary. Keep your signature confirmation carefully since they are doing so much, in so little time that mistakes seem to be happening at higher frequency (e.g., typos on CoPRs).

riyarose

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
ohcanadiana thanks a lot for your reply. I really appreciate, so I should not mail again to Ottawa, right? I should wait for their feedback, m i right?

I was worried because this requirement had 60 days notice, and it was clearly mentioned on that if you send late then your file will be closed. I already submitted in 25days everything notarize, now when I came to know that they are closed and someone accepted my package their in Buffalo office, I was worried that do I need to resend them to Ottawa again?

So I should wait right? and not resend to Ottawa right?

Sorry to ask so many things, really sorry. But thanks again in advance for replying. you are really doing lot of help to me and many more thanks thanks.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riyarose said:
ohcanadiana thanks a lot for your reply. I really appreciate, so I should not mail again to Ottawa, right? I should wait for their feedback, m i right?

I was worried because this requirement had 60 days notice, and it was clearly mentioned on that if you send late then your file will be closed. I already submitted in 25days everything notarize, now when I came to know that they are closed and someone accepted my package their in Buffalo office, I was worried that do I need to resend them to Ottawa again?

So I should wait right? and not resend to Ottawa right?

Sorry to ask so many things, really sorry. But thanks again in advance for replying. you are really doing lot of help to me and many more thanks thanks.
Yes, wait for their feedback. Keep the return receipt as proof that they received it.

Good luck :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riyarose said:
Thanks for your reply once again. Thanks a lots. Have a nice day.
You're welcome. I hope you hear from them soon. It is tough to be stuck in this uncertain time with limited info available...hang in there...

vvcanada

Jun 7, 2012
steve2007 said:
Sheron,

I have the same concern.. I sent an email enquiry to CPP-Ottawa.

Steven
Hi Sheron, Did you get any response? I have to send documents. I was about to send it buffalo today. but found out on their website that they are closed. Any information about where do i send my clearance and fees?

Thanks