Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Tracy22k said:
Hello everyone,
This is just a personal opinion and observation. With regard to the delays most people are expeiencing here with their PR application, I can only say it is a DELIBERATE strategy by the CIC to limit the amount of people coming into their country in mass. Closing down Buffallo was step one to implememting this delay tactic. Atleast with that there is an excuse to hang on to. Nevertheless, my advise to everyone are as follows:

1. Let everyone be patient
2. While waiting for this endless and long wait which might take unknown twists, I advise everyone to be putting a plan B on ground cos truly knows what the end might be.
3. Be happy and live your life outside CIC

Cheers
With no offense, I disapprove your theory. If CIC doesn't want aliens to come to Canada, they have thousand ways to stop them. After, spending CAD 2 bn. in renovation of the Buffalo consulate, it wouldn't be wise to close it down with in 1 year of the renovation to seek lame excuses!

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
Tracy22k said:
Hello everyone,
This is just a personal opinion and observation. With regard to the delays most people are expeiencing here with their PR application, I can only say it is a DELIBERATE strategy by the CIC to limit the amount of people coming into their country in mass. Closing down Buffallo was step one to implememting this delay tactic. Atleast with that there is an excuse to hang on to. Nevertheless, my advise to everyone are as follows:

2. While waiting for this endless and long wait which might take unknown twists, I advise everyone to be putting a plan B on ground cos truly knows what the end might be.

Cheers

I agree with this theory somewhat.

Firstly the current Govt is not very immigration friendly as seen by various steps taken by them so far (abolishing categories, no parents immigration just super visa etc.)

Also Canada is no longer same as before, saturation in job market is present so definitely the influx seen in past years will hardly be repeated again...immigration objectives must be near completion with enough population now to sustain and grow the economy.

closing down Buffalo was due to budget issues and it shows that they no longer want to fire on all cylinders....they will have very few visa officers working enough to meet some small targets and to make things even more difficult, they are giving preference to certain nationalities so as to keep the society balanced.

I am not against any of the above which CIC is doing. its their country and their rules....so we can be patient only and dont think of it as our right or something cauz those days are long gone when canada required hundreds of immigrants.

I know many people dont agree with this and I hope this is not correct either, but all the evidence is pointing to this fact.

wishing everyone best of luck in all their endeavors, :)

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
suduko said:
I agree with this theory somewhat.

Firstly the current Govt is not very immigration friendly as seen by various steps taken by them so far (abolishing categories, no parents immigration just super visa etc.)

Also Canada is no longer same as before, saturation in job market is present so definitely the influx seen in past years will hardly be repeated again...immigration objectives must be near completion with enough population now to sustain and grow the economy.

closing down Buffalo was due to budget issues and it shows that they no longer want to fire on all cylinders....they will have very few visa officers working enough to meet some small targets and to make things even more difficult, they are giving preference to certain nationalities so as to keep the society balanced.

I am not against any of the above which CIC is doing. its their country and their rules....so we can be patient only and dont think of it as our right or something cauz those days are long gone when canada required hundreds of immigrants.

I know many people dont agree with this and I hope this is not correct either, but all the evidence is pointing to this fact.

wishing everyone best of luck in all their endeavors, :)
I do agree with that... :)

Monties

Oct 19, 2012
Medicals done 7 June 2012, can't find any info on how long the processing time will be now that all the files were transferred. Can anyone tell me? 4 months since medicals and 6months since we started. I thought the PNP applications are priority? I refused to use the immigration dick that brought us here because he lied too many times and did PR aaplication on my own although he told me I was gonna struggle without him.........losing hope fast 'cos I'm not getting any response from OTT-Pilot, nothing about expected processing time

How do I know all is well? Since I have started my own PR he has been fast tracking the people's who did use him files......it used to take him 4 years to get them PR, but now he applies and within 2 weeks they get medical instructions........I had to wait 2 months???? CIC told me no-one can influence processing times???? I will be very unhappy if they get PR before me since I have been waiting 6 months now and they started less than a month ago.

Please can someone tell me or give me an idea how long before they will request our passports? ECAS just stays on "medical results recieved" since end June 2012.

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Monties said:
Medicals done 7 June 2012, can't find any info on how long the processing time will be now that all the files were transferred. Can anyone tell me? 4 months since medicals and 6months since we started. I thought the PNP applications are priority? I refused to use the immigration dick that brought us here because he lied too many times and did PR aaplication on my own although he told me I was gonna struggle without him.........losing hope fast 'cos I'm not getting any response from OTT-Pilot, nothing about expected processing time

How do I know all is well? Since I have started my own PR he has been fast tracking the people's who did use him files......it used to take him 4 years to get them PR, but now he applies and within 2 weeks they get medical instructions........I had to wait 2 months???? CIC told me no-one can influence processing times???? I will be very unhappy if they get PR before me since I have been waiting 6 months now and they started less than a month ago.

Please can someone tell me or give me an idea how long before they will request our passports? ECAS just stays on "medical results recieved" since end June 2012.
Sorry mate, that's the way it is,....prepare yourself for a longwait....you're just at the beginning of your voyage.... Whilst I consider my self as lucky to get my ppr after only 2 years, there many forum members here who wait much longer than I did and they just received their med request.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
Tracy22k said:
Hello everyone,

Cheers
I have to agree with you on this. and I know why they are doing. I am in Canada on work permit. I have seen people who are immigrated illegally and legally. and most of them do not know either French or English only know their native language.
and most of the people are coming and depending on govt unemployment schemes. they do not pay taxes but make money by working for cash instead of cheque.

Even worst is people take divorce and stay together. you know why to get more money for their kids.
a low income family with 3 kids gets min $1200 .
these kind of people are of no use to Canadian economy.
That is the reason why there are high taxes. slowly they want to tighten the immigration screw to scrutinize the process.

which is good for skilled immigrants.

Syed

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
Well its been a depressing week for most of us. No PPRs reported this week.

I agree with the earlier posts that CIC is trying to limit the immigration from
certain countries.

I have abandoned many excellent job opportunities in other provinces and most of all
I miss my family & fiancee' a lot. Let CIC play god for a while if they think that they can control our lives.
I am sure the way things are going Canada is going to suffer in the end as they'll going to lose honest hardworking
ppl who pay their taxes and obey rules & regulations.

I am sure by the end of this long painful process most of us will feel like super heroes and that no obstacle in
future would seem to be insurmountable.

Wishing you all best of luck for the future.
Bye!!!

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
syed_h_sha said:
I have to agree with you on this. and I know why they are doing. I am in Canada on work permit. I have seen people who are immigrated illegally and legally. and most of them do not know either French or English only know their native language.
and most of the people are coming and depending on govt unemployment schemes. they do not pay taxes but make money by working for cash instead of cheque.

Even worst is people take divorce and stay together. you know why to get more money for their kids.
a low income family with 3 kids gets min $1200 .
these kind of people are of no use to Canadian economy.
That is the reason why there are high taxes. slowly they want to tighten the immigration screw to scrutinize the process.

which is good for skilled immigrants.

Syed
Still that doesn't explain the tactic of closing Buffalo and opening up Ottawa to delay the process. It's economically not wise. They simply just can delay citing other reasons. One good example is 'not receiving FSW applications until further notice'.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
Lets confess that no one really knows why the process is being so delayed.

There might be a reasonable excuse for it, or it might be due to tighter BG checks.

We can sit here and talk hours about the issue, but that does not help us, neither our files.

We can tell the story to daily newspapers!

Btw, does anyone has any estimate how many of us are here? 10s? 20s? 100s? 1000s?

People I know around, make a group of 10 at least.

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Edmontonbound said:
With no offense, I disapprove your theory. If CIC doesn't want aliens to come to Canada, they have thousand ways to stop them. After, spending CAD 2 bn. in renovation of the Buffalo consulate, it wouldn't be wise to close it down with in 1 year of the renovation to seek lame excuses!
With all due respect, I can understand how difficult English language could be sometimes. I would explain my points in lay man terms as follows:

"I can only say it is a DELIBERATE strategy by the CIC to limit the amount of people coming into their country in mass." limiting people coming in in mass means we are going to grant everyone visa, but not at once as we have seen in the past. I never said they are not granting with this statement.

"Closing down buffallo was a strategy to implement this" Yet again, I did not imploy they are not going to grant u visa but, Closing down this office would help them save money and effect the above strategy.

'have a plan B means plan ur life outside this whole process as anyone would do in everything u do in life as we as humans face uncertainty in our everyday life.
cheers

lonereed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Tracy22k said:
With all due respect, I can understand how difficult English language could be sometimes. I would explain my points in lay man terms as follows:

"I can only say it is a DELIBERATE strategy by the CIC to limit the amount of people coming into their country in mass." limiting people coming in in mass means we are going to grant everyone visa, but not at once as we have seen in the past. I never said they are not granting with this statement.

"Closing down buffallo was a strategy to implement this" Yet again, I did not imploy they are not going to grant u visa but, Closing down this office would help them save money and effect the above strategy.

'have a plan B means plan ur life outside this whole process as anyone would do in everything u do in life as we as humans face uncertainty in our everyday life.
cheers
What do you mean by "limiting people coming in in mass?"

I think most people under this thread are already in canada. If your reasoning was correct, they should be slowing down processing applications outside north america instead of those submitted from within canada, shouldnt they?

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
lonereed said:

I think most people under this thread are already in canada. If your reasoning was correct, they should be slowing down processing applications outside north america instead of those submitted from within canada, shouldnt they?
Further to that, why would they speed up the process for applicants, especially from India and South Africa for example. And, all I was trying to mean that it wouldn't be wise of CIC to first invest and then close the center and then again open up another center in Ottawa just to show a lame excuse to delay the process. For me it's more administrative than anything else. I read in Alberta govt. website, that they would need MORE PNPs in Alberta. So it is indeed baffling to comprehend why they would want to limit the PRs for applicants in USA and Canada and speed up the process elsewhere! Both ways one can't explain the delay to limit the mass PRs by CIC logically.

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
lonereed said:

If also your reasoning is anything to go by, you should understand some of you whom you claim are already in Canada somewhat have a spouse outside whom might be joining them. Lest you forget, you may be on work permit and that does not grant you permanent stay.

Canada is great and generous and wants hard working people. They are simply trying to reduce the amount coming in at once. Let me explain this way since some people are just refusing to understand this. Allow 100 people come in 2011. Now we want 80 people to come in 2012 and we would accommodate the remaining 20 people in 2013. Both ways they still have 100 people but, not just at once.

Also Limiting coming in mass means........we are going to grant but slowly...

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
Tracy22k said:

cheers
The English language is not difficult. Not at least for me. When I said I didn't agree with your theory, all I meant was closing down of Buffalo to slow the process is a little bit far fetched. Nothing less nothing more than this. CIC does NOT need an excuse to delay the process. They can do it as and when they want it.
Neither I understood that they wouldn't grant me a visa nor I wanted not to have a plan B. I, actually never intended to comment on these two.