+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharuu said:
You must be a relieved person after getting PPR!!
I do but am still worry about my visa expiry date...hope you be relieved soon...

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Raga10 said:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminally: In Process
The GCMS printed date is 20 Aug12, I received my PPR on 21 Aug 12...
Thanks for sharing. This is interesting and lighting on some of the aspects of CIC file processing. It seems they are not very structured/consistent in their method of case processing. The printed date is 20 Aug, 2012. So the information should be as of that date. I used to think GCMS is very accurate reflection of your file. It seems its not.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
curt_cobain said:
Thanks for sharing. This is interesting and lighting on some of the aspects of CIC file processing. It seems they are not very structured/consistent in their method of case processing. The printed date is 20 Aug, 2012. So the information should be as of that date. I used to think GCMS is very accurate reflection of your file. It seems its not.
As far as I have understood from status updates here and there, the notes are just good to have an idea of next due date, which in most case it turns out to be useless either.
It comes to my mind that the whole thing is somehow random. for us, we should look at October and early Nov, perhaps.
this is a Feb applicant with medical in Sept 2.
mine is Apr applicant with medical in Sept 22.

2 months gap between application date. but medicals only 3 weeks.

greeki78

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Raga10 said:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminally: In Process
The GCMS printed date is 20 Aug12, I received my PPR on 21 Aug 12...
Whats the email id on ppr?Is it ffrom ottawa or buffalo?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Raga10 said:
Ottawa...
I dont know at this point, what to think about this all. I dont like weekends either, you know you wont hear from them on the weekend atleast. Christmas is far, I hope thankgiving brings a gift and I would be very "thankful" .. ;D

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
I dont know at this point, what to think about this all. I dont like weekends either, you know you wont hear from them on the weekend atleast. Christmas is far, I hope thankgiving brings a gift and I would be very "thankful" .. ;D
Is there any way we can send a generic petition/e-mail to Min. Kenney's dept., not disclosing our information? I don't think we will get a fair review if there is no priority set on buffalo tranfer cases.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Is there any way we can send a generic petition/e-mail to Min. Kenney's dept., not disclosing our information? I don't think we will get a fair review if there is no priority set on buffalo tranfer cases.
Have we crossed extreme timelines? No! Why would they pay special attention to our cases, they are doing there best at the moment. It is tough but I dont think they can do any different. Apart from the 15 month timeline, we need to add 3 months anyways as thats the time it took to transfer our cases. I dont think doing what you recommend would serve any purpose.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
hmdlsd said:
As far as I have understood from status updates here and there, the notes are just good to have an idea of next due date, which in most case it turns out to be useless either.
It comes to my mind that the whole thing is somehow random. for us, we should look at October and early Nov, perhaps.
this is a Feb applicant with medical in Sept 2.
mine is Apr applicant with medical in Sept 22.

2 months gap between application date. but medicals only 3 weeks.
GCMS is just a print screen of the actual file, thats all. If you expected the status to be passed in all categories, I think there is a batch system. It needs 3 days to process thats why.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
I guess that is a good idea if we dont hear any news for any of us until Dec 2012.
I am pretty hopeful to get it before that date.

At this time, assuing all paperworks that they are used to, it would not change anything.
If you are ok in Canada, then give Wait another chance.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
sharuu said:
Have we crossed extreme timelines? No! Why would they pay special attention to our cases, they are doing there best at the moment. It is tough but I dont think they can do any different. Apart from the 15 month timeline, we need to add 3 months anyways as thats the time it took to transfer our cases. I dont think doing what you recommend would serve any purpose.
Yes and No. First I used to think its 15 months from the day of application received. Now its corrected to AOR. Than 3 months transfer time (huh...to transfer files it takes 3 months, meantime didn't do any work on those files since January). Now MP office is telling us Ottawa is given 12 months to process those files. I have status until April 2013. Citizenship application is already been delayed by 1 year.

Anyway one thing I have learned in Canada. If you don't raise your voice nobody will listen to you. I know how lazy the system can be.

I guess I have to wait until Nov 7, then I will figure out what to do next :).

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
curt_cobain said:
Yes and No. First I used to think its 15 months from the day of application received. Now its corrected to AOR. Than 3 months transfer time (huh...to transfer files it takes 3 months, meantime didn't do any work on those files since January). Now MP office is telling us Ottawa is given 12 months to process those files. I have status until April 2012. Citizenship application is already been delayed by 1 year.

Anyway one thing I have learned in Canada. If you don't raise your voice nobody will listen to you. I know how lazy the system can be.

i think its the lack of system which is causing all the dilemma here.....its all completely random after AOR. but then again this is how immigration works...no two applications are same.

also we need to keep in mind that many applicants are not on this forum so we cant say we received just one PPR today....maybe overall it was 500+ ...

i wish there was some better mechanism on ECAS to keep us updated and reduce the distress...other than that, u have to play with CIC's rules. fair or not, we have no choice....

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Yes and No. First I used to think its 15 months from the day of application received. Now its corrected to AOR. Than 3 months transfer time (huh...to transfer files it takes 3 months, meantime didn't do any work on those files since January). Now MP office is telling us Ottawa is given 12 months to process those files. I have status until April 2013. Citizenship application is already been delayed by 1 year.

Why April 2013? Is that when your work permit is expiring? Have you already extended the permit using PNP work permit support letter? Dont worry buddy.. It should be within 2012.

The 3 month thing is because it wasnt a normal transfer. A huge batch was transferred, and just one july transfer has got PPR!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
i think its the lack of system which is causing all the dilemma here.....its all completely random after AOR. but then again this is how immigration works...no two applications are same.

also we need to keep in mind that many applicants are not on this forum so we cant say we received just one PPR today....maybe overall it was 500+ ...

i wish there was some better mechanism on ECAS to keep us updated and reduce the distress...other than that, u have to play with CIC's rules. fair or not, we have no choice....
That is what I was saying also... We can only wait. We can stress ourselves to say why are 2012 applicants getting PPR, why arent we the priority! Its just going to affect us only, keep calm and it will all be worth it in the end.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
sharuu said:
That is what I was saying also... We can only wait. We can stress ourselves to say why are 2012 applicants getting PPR, why arent we the priority! Its just going to affect us only, keep calm and it will all be worth it in the end.
Sharuu our medicals are expired...

so lets say (feels good to assume at least), its our turn for PPR. then we will have even more delay because the visa officer has to check with medical board if he can extend the medicals or issue a new medical form....do you agree?