+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brought forward date: Is it always set to 90 days later each time?

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Yes, e-Cas says Decision Made. I haven't received the letter yet though. Hopefully it arrives today so I can send my passport off.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
congratulation Emmy, finaly a good news arround this forum...

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Thanks...it took a while to sink in. It's taken 8 months for us, which compared to some people on here, isn't long. But it's such a stressful experience. I'm glad it's almost over.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I have one question. If I still at the beginning of the process (2nd stage) can I still order my CAIPS. I don't know what's going on with my file after the 1st approval from Mississauga. Would I be able to find out all the details if i order it.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Yes, you can order the CAIPS notes. But remember that it takes a while for them to get to you and the information in them might be outdated by the time you get them. But yes, you can order them even if it's early on.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Thank you Mitamata, I have another question
Is Caips file # is the same refrence# on the letter of approval (1st stage).

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
The File number they want won't be on the sponsorship approval letter. That letter has the Sponsor's client ID. If the local office sends Acknowledgement of Receipt letters once they receive the forwarded application, it will be on the AOR letter sent to the PR applicant. It usually starts with a letter (in my case my file number starts with B).

We didn't know my file number when we ordered our CAIPS notes, so we wrote "unknown" in that space. Apparently they'll attempt to find the PR applicant's file number using name and date of birth etc.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Here is a link for those interested, in a previous thread regarding CAIPS notes.... there are several threads if you do a search on the site.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t7334.0.html

included here are the forms you need to fill. Your spouse will need to sign a release for you to be able to get information on his/her file as the sponsor, even though you are married, you need that release of information, in order to gain access to the file - as the PR portion of the application is in their name, not yours (as the sponsor) :).

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Emmy sorry for bothering you again but I have another question in the CAIPS FileCheck Application form Mailing address. Can I put my mailing address in Canada or it has to be the mailing address for the principal Applicant. I want them to send me the information rather to my husband.
I appreciate your help and thanks again.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
MARLENA said:
Emmy sorry for bothering you again but I have another question in the CAIPS FileCheck Application form Mailing address. Can I put my mailing address in Canada or it has to be the mailing address for the principal Applicant. I want them to send me the information rather to my husband.
I appreciate your help and thanks again.
Marlena,

I'm not Emmy but...from personal experience, Caips must be requested from the canadian citizen or PR, and will be sent to a canadian address. This is why you need to get his authorization to obtain the notes, as you are getting them through the Freedom of Information Act. So they go to you, as you are in Canada, you pay the $5.00, but you need his (your spouse's) permission to obtain the information.

Does that make sense? There are two forms you need: the first is the authorization of information release from him to you..which he needs to sign and get back to you; the second is the actual request for the notes.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
sorry for two posts,

I meant to add, there is more than one way to obtain CAIPS. You dont' need to pay an exhorbitant amount of money to get them, as some have done here...using the caips website, you can get them through the FIA [information Act] quite cheaply.

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Hi Marlena,

Here's another thread discussing CAIPS notes in case something still isn't clear:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/requesting-caips-notes-t16623.0.html

As Rasha has already said, CAIPS needs to be ordered by you on behalf of your husband. He should sign a consent form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/release-info.asp) and then when you fill out the CAIPS request form, you put your name and address in the bottom section, as you are the one requesting it. You should send the request form and the consent form together.

But have a read through the link Rasha provided and the one I've linked here and it should all be fairly clear.