+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brother Sponsorship

Jun 5, 2017
Hey, are conditions still the same with you? Is your brother still in Quebec at the same pay grade? Has he married someone who earns better than him?

Math119

Nov 27, 2018
Hi to all,

I am a Canadian citizen , living alone in Canada, I would like to sponsor a brother but he is now in 40s, our parents are both deceased. I am single, no relatives or spouse or common law relationship, children , just me but I have only one living grandmother, who is 100 yrs old now and back home. Would that override the rule for sponsoring my brother, considering her condition and age. Do I still qualify to sponsor him under "lonely Canadian rule"

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi to all,

I am a Canadian citizen , living alone in Canada, I would like to sponsor a brother but he is now in 40s, our parents are both deceased. I am single, no relatives or spouse or common law relationship, children , just me but I have only one living grandmother, who is 100 yrs old now and back home. Would that override the rule for sponsoring my brother, considering her condition and age. Do I still qualify to sponsor him under "lonely Canadian rule"
It does not override the rule and you do not qualify.

Reactions: scylla

Math119

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for your answer. Given this fact, do I still have a chance to appeal if my grandmother makes a waiver that will state she is giving off her privilege instead passing this right to my brother? Secondly, if she is the right one to be sponsored, she still wouldn’t pass the medical bec of her senile condition. Its like a “no win situation” for us living alone in Canada then the law created for “lonely canadian category” doesnt justify the need for persons like us. Im just not quite convince.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your answer. Given this fact, do I still have a chance to appeal if my grandmother makes a waiver that will state she is giving off her privilege instead passing this right to my brother? Secondly, if she is the right one to be sponsored, she still wouldn’t pass the medical bec of her senile condition. Its like a “no win situation” for us living alone in Canada then the law created for “lonely canadian category” doesnt justify the need for persons like us. Im just not quite convince.
Your brother will not qualify until your grandmother dies.

Reactions: scylla