Med's Request
15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
If my wife comes on owp of my student visa, what visa should I bring my kids on? They are presently school going.

If you have experience please help

Tomaslevige

Jul 12, 2016
It depends on the level of school they intend to attend. As per the IRCC rule: ...minor children who are already in Canada with parents who are allowed to work or study in Canada, and who want to attend pre-school, primary or secondary school... do not need a study permit.

I find useful to ask questions and get quick answers by professionals on extendworkpermitcanada.ca

Tom

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
...minor children who are already in Canada with parents who are allowed to work or study in Canada, and who want to attend pre-school, primary or secondary school... do not need a study permit.
Well, they are NOT in Canada.

If kids came to Canada with parents on WP when kinds were toddlers then when time comes for them to go to pre-school in Canada then they do not need SP.

But yes, I agree if they ALREADY have TVR to travel to Canada and will be able to convince border security that they will go back to home country by the end of summer break (but I doubt border control will buy it. :) )- and get permission to come into Canada then in September kids could go to school without SP.

Because if they are only now coming to Canada with intention to STUDY they have to have SP.

GAULOV

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
Thanks guys for so many replies....

The answer is NO they are not in canada.

I (parent) will be on study permit, i will file OWP for wife and vistor for kids.

I guess they do not need study permit as parent is having study permit.

Thanks ,
Gaurav

GAULOV

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
Regina rather than giving your personal opinion please point me to the right link of Canadian cic website so that it will be helpful

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina rather than giving your personal opinion please point me to the right link of Canadian cic website so that it will be helpful
And yourself? :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/minors-documents.asp

What part do not you understand :
If a child of school age wants to come to Canada to go to school in Canada- he must apply for SP. No difference with university student.
If a child before a school age lives on TVR with his parent - student/worker in Canada, when it's time for him to go to school- he does not need to apply for SP.
If you applied to your SP AND AT THE SAME time applied for TVR for your kids , and they got it, and come WITH YOU to Canada, then they do not need SP to go to school in Canada.
You could try to get visitors visas for your whole family in a hope that if they get it (I doubt very much) then when they are in Canada they can go to school without SP.

You see? If they ask for visitor visas during school year - they will never get them. During school year kids should be at school on their home country.

Also, what ties do your family have in home country to guarantee to CIC that they will go back when visitor visa expires if their father already in Canada?
CIC does not allow people to come on visitors visas with intention to study/get married / to work in Canada. There are different visas for that.

Peta

May 10, 2016
They do not need a study permit, esp if they are under the age of 6yrs. I won't be applying for a study permit for my sons...just a TRV.