+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing newborn baby, born outside Canada to Canadian PR parents

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
One of you needs to high tail it back to Canada

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/child-born-outside-of-canada-to-pr-parents.762921/#post-10859281

“We are in India and delivered baby in India
Now will apply for child sponsership”

Stop playing games
Follow the rules
No games dear
Just want to be clear about being in canada is required or not.
Because the agent I contacted he told you don't need to go to canada you can apply from home country also. But cic website clearly state you cant sponser if you are outside canada.
In addition agent told he done many sponsership cases and no document is asked to prove you are in canada. So I want to ask from anyone kf those who sposnered their child. Weather any document or records like passport copy of parents is asked during sponsership or not?

Anyone who already completed this sponsership can give more clarity.

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
So are you in Canada or not to apply? You are expected to stay in Canada during the process except for short visits.
What short visit means
Is there any link official link which say visit allowed or not.

They only mention you cant sponser being outside canada.
What it means you must be in canada throughout process or what?
No clarity is there
Someone talked to cic agent they told you have to be in canada while applying
No instruction for your visit outside canada during process after applying

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No games dear
Because the agent I contacted he told you don't need to go to canada you can apply from home country also. But cic website clearly state you cant sponser if you are outside canada.
In addition agent told he done many sponsership cases and no document is asked to prove you are in canada. So I want to ask from anyone kf those who sposnered their child. Weather any document or records like passport copy of parents is asked during sponsership or not?

The agent probably assume you are a Canadian citizen. Since both parents are PR, then one of the parents need to be in Canada to sponsor the child.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No games dear

It's clear that the sponsor (i.e. one of the parents) needs to live in Canada to sponsor a dependent.
Flying in and stay for a week then leave for months is not living.

IRCC can get your entry and exit record from CBSA. You can take your risk. worst case is a refusal and you can apply again and keep waiting.
Your application, your risk and your choice.

Did you already try applying for TRV for the child and failed? I think most cases when the PR parents do not want to be separated, they apply TRV for the child and the family travel together to Canada and wait for the process there.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What short visit means
Is there any link official link which say visit allowed or not.

They only mention you cant sponser being outside canada.
What it means you must be in canada throughout process or what?
No clarity is there
Someone talked to cic agent they told you have to be in canada while applying
No instruction for your visit outside canada during process after applying
Sponsor your spouse, partner or children: check if you’re eligible - Canada.ca
Who is eligible to sponsor their spouse, partner or child
You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Plz share online application link
Where we can apply for child sponsership?
I login gc key but did not find?
Anybody who applied plz share where to apply online