Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
robertj01 said:
Thankyou! Does the rest of the plan sound fit?
Yep, good luck :)

robertj01

Sep 30, 2015
kangamoose said:
Yep, good luck :)
THANK YOU! I cannot thank you enough. All of you people assisting us to be with our loved ones, you are all so wonderful. I can imagine it gets frustrating and tiring to have people bombarding you with questions and you have no obligation to be helping us but you do. And I cannot truly express how much I appreciate it.

If you dont mind, would you be able to answer:

1. How long one can extend a visitors visa?

2. When should I begin the application to sponsor her? Before she applies for the work - holiday visa? Right after we become registered as married?

3. I am currently in Sweden and unemployed but can likely be employed immediately upon returning to Canada. Also, I will be starting a new fast track program (ends in 5 months) and have taken out student loans to assist with this. Will this affect my ability to sponsor her? What steps can I take to ensure I will be approved as a sponsor?

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
robertj01 said:
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are trying to figure out how to bring her in to Canada this February (2016). She is 20 years of age, of Swedish citizenship and has no offer of employment.

She would like to live in Canada with me. What are our options?

We have checked with International Experience Canada and the Working Holiday program is currently closed. We contacted IEC and they could not provide us with any information as to when it would be open again. Any guesses?

We know that as a Swedish citizen she is allow up to 6 months as a tourist. How does she go about asking for 6 months of time? When she came to Canada last year, she was only allowed 3 months. Would it be advisable for her to enter as a tourist and then go from there?

If we were to register as married or in a common law partnership, would this give her access to a residence and working permit or solely a residence permit? Would I even be accepted as a suitable sponsor, seeing as I will be in school starting January 2016 and have acquired student debt.

There must be a way for here to immigrate to Canada, we are unable to answer our own questions or find the appropriate venues for them.

Thank- you.
Oh boy, leaving Sweden for Canada.... she must really like you ;D , good job!

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
robertj01 said:
THANK YOU! I cannot thank you enough. All of you people assisting us to be with our loved ones, you are all so wonderful. I can imagine it gets frustrating and tiring to have people bombarding you with questions and you have no obligation to be helping us but you do. And I cannot truly express how much I appreciate it.

If you dont mind, would you be able to answer:

1. How long one can extend a visitors visa?

2. When should I begin the application to sponsor her? Before she applies for the work - holiday visa? Right after we become registered as married?

3. I am currently in Sweden and unemployed but can likely be employed immediately upon returning to Canada. Also, I will be starting a new fast track program (ends in 5 months) and have taken out student loans to assist with this. Will this affect my ability to sponsor her? What steps can I take to ensure I will be approved as a sponsor?
I think we all like to help out others as we got assistance and advice from here putting our applications together :)

1. This I guess depends on circumstances, usually 6 months per extension. You can keep applying for the extensions, I don't believe there is a limit on how many. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

2. I'd send it in right after you're married, once you have the marriage certificate.

3. No, you will need to show some sort of plan on how you are going to support yourselves though. Things like savings or letters from family saying they'll support you until you get on your feet.