+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing funds to Canada

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
I will be making the move to Canada soon and I have a question about funds/money and how we can bring it with us.
We are limited in my country in terms of the amount of money we are allowed to take with us internationally (even when it comes to immigration), that amount being only around 6000 CAD, but I heard that in the aeroport they will be asking to see the total money we had in our express entry profiles. How can we do that when we are not allowed to take it all with us? I thought about showing bank statements but I am not planning to leave my money in the bank because they won't be of any use ( they can't transfer money more than the 6000 CAD I will be bringing anyway). Is it possible to ask for bank statements then take money out after to give to family members in order to transfer to me once in Canada, will this make the bank statement "false" documents since I will be removing the money from the account immediately after, can they check?

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
One way is to apply for an international credit card in your home country that you can use in Canada. Spend in Canada and pay back in your home country bank account. You likely won’t be able to buy a car this way, but it will gradually save you considerable amounts of fund-moving just for daily expenses.

So you can consider keeping PoF funds in your home country bank account for this purpose.