+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring Thai Girlfriend to Canada w/ Invitation

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi friend,

I understand your position.
If you really like this girl I think your only chance is to marry her in Thailand and apply for PR.
Be prepared for a long and frustrating road. There are no guarantees and you will be responsible
for her in Canada. I wouldn't be padding her bank account. Open and honest will be good for your future life.
My advice is to be careful, take your time, do your homework, and think things through completely.
Remember in your new relationship " love is blind " talk to your friends and make sure you make the right decision.
There are many questions you will have to consider. What type of work could she do in Canada?
Would she be happy being away from her family? Who will take care of her kid? .... You could be in the future.
My close friend is married to a nice girl from the Philippines, the process took them two years. They are very happy together.
Consider all the advice from this forum and find your path.
Good luck !

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
And as for padding her bank account, I thought that she would need to show that she has enough money for her trip. The visa shop told us this.
I think that was bad advice. The people that review these applications do this for a living, they are easily able to see right through that and figure out the money didn't come from her. Either with large deposits made recently into her account, or with a balance that does not coincide with her employment history which you have already stated is non existent.

so was the actual plan for her to just come visit you or come stay with you long term? As you are considering marriage I would do some research on what would be required for you to bring her son here with you, or if you decide to leave the son behind what you might have to do as well.

ituck89

Dec 5, 2018
The plan was for her to visit, and just see how she feels about being here. If she wanted to stay then I would be open to that too, but of course no longer than her visa would allow. She has never overstayed her visa in any country. The fact of the matter is that she will need to have money in her bank account to be approved for a visa. If she has no money, how will she ever leave canada if something goes wrong? Not that I'm saying anything would ever go wrong, but I'm sure that the people reviewing these applications are taking that into consideration. Also I don't think showing that I support her financially could be a bad thing, could it?