+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging status for a spouse with PR application under processing

BreathHope

May 15, 2016
Hi,

I have been nominated by the government of Alberta to apply for PR. I have a valid work open work permit and my wife has a valid work permit. Since I have been nominated, and I am the principal applicant, I am planning on extending my work permit when I receive the file number for my application through bridging work permit program. I wonder if there is anything I can do to extend the stay of my wife. On their website, CIC mentioned that bridging work permit is not illegible for spouses. So, is there any other option to extend her stay?

Thanks for your help.

Sandra80

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
BreathHope said:
Hi,

I have been nominated by the government of Alberta to apply for PR. I have a valid work open work permit and my wife has a valid work permit. Since I have been nominated, and I am the principal applicant, I am planning on extending my work permit when I receive the file number for my application through bridging work permit program. I wonder if there is anything I can do to extend the stay of my wife. On their website, CIC mentioned that bridging work permit is not illegible for spouses. So, is there any other option to extend her stay?

Thanks for your help.
Spouses of certain pnp nominees are eligible for open bridging permit.
In case your wife is not eligible she gas to apply for a visitor visa as far as I know

BreathHope

May 15, 2016
Sandra80 said:
Spouses of certain pnp nominees are eligible for open bridging permit.
Do you have a list of those?. Can you please add a link if you have any?

Sandra80 said:
In case your wife is not eligible she gas to apply for a visitor visa as far as I know
Do I need to restore her status or just simply apply for a visitor visa?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
BreathHope said:
Do you have a list of those?. Can you please add a link if you have any?
Do I need to restore her status or just simply apply for a visitor visa?
Your wife can apply spouse open work permit once you get bridging work permit
Read "Spouse of bridging open work permit (BOWP) holder": http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/policy.asp