+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permits - can i apply?

timothysham

Jul 11, 2016
Hi, as mentioned. Can I apply for BOWP?

I am on post-grad work permit (expire in Oct), applied EE, waiting for ITA. Below is the requirement and the highlighted lines I am unsure how to verify/check.

International Mobility Program:
Provincial nominees and permanent residence applications – Bridging open work permits for certain federal economic class applicants

To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are still waiting for ITA - then no, you don't qualify for a BOWP.

You won't qualify until after you've received ITA and have submitted your application.

timothysham

Jul 11, 2016
scylla said:
If you are still waiting for ITA - then no, you don't qualify for a BOWP.

You won't qualify until after you've received ITA and have submitted your application.
OK Thanks! :(