Bridging Open Work Permit

SimonWPG

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Hi forum experts,

I am MPNP (Manitoba Provincial) applicant, and submitted APR (application of Permanent Residence) in Jan 2018, and already passed medical.

My Post Graduate Work Permit is expiring in 3 months, July 2019. Now I need to apply Bridging Open Work Permit, so I could stay and work in Canada till I get my PR.

I have some questions regarding to the Bridging Open Work Permit:

Do I need a job to apply for BOWP? Can I be unemployed and still get the open work permit?

There's no job restriction on my provincial nominee letter. If I change my job, am I still eligible?

My visa also expires in July 2019, do I need to get the BOWP first and then renew my visa using the work permit?

Thanks.

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Yes if there is no restrictions in ur PNP letter it doesn't matter! U can change employer. But u have to inform CIC about ur employer changing and stuff by using a web form.
Yes, u need a valid work permit to apply for a visa!
Mine was also the same, work permit expired in Aug 6 2019, I applied for a bridging work permit but still waiting for it!!
TAKING TOO LONG DONT KNOW THE REASON. They said file forwarded to the Winnipeg office!! That's IT!
How about urs???? Did u get urs? If yes, how long it took to get it?!

renan1980

Mar 8, 2020
Yes if there is no restrictions in ur PNP letter it doesn't matter! U can change employer. But u have to inform CIC about ur employer changing and stuff by using a web form.
Yes, u need a valid work permit to apply for a visa!
Mine was also the same, work permit expired in Aug 6 2019, I applied for a bridging work permit but still waiting for it!!
TAKING TOO LONG DONT KNOW THE REASON. They said file forwarded to the Winnipeg office!! That's IT!
How about urs???? Did u get urs? If yes, how long it took to get it?!
@Jhegel I was curious you said your working visa (I presume) expired on Aug 6, 2019 and right until you are waiting? Are you also working right now while waiting for the result of your bridging open working permit?

Reactions: Jhegel

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
@Jhegel I was curious you said your working visa (I presume) expired on Aug 6, 2019 and right until you are waiting? Are you also working right now while waiting for the result of your bridging open working permit?
Yes, I applied for my BOWP July 29 that's the stupid thing I did! If I apply at least two months ago they might be approved it by now!! This is kinda SUPER DELAY! I don't know what's going on!
yes I am working ! We can work without workvisa !thats called implied status ! We can have healthcard , we can renew the license with the proof of our work permit application!!
It’s been 8 months now m waiting for my working permit ! Have no idea !