+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit

ekamath

Sep 15, 2018
Hi,

I received an ITA to apply for a PR today (Oct 3, 2018).

My PGWP expired on Sept 18, 2018.

Can I apply for a BOWP once I submit my PR application? I'm not sure if I am eligible for it anymore.

Also, if I am and I submit the application for the BOWP, can I immediately start working or do I have to wait until I have a physical copy of the permit in hand?

Thanks!

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
I also will be applying for a BOWP in a couple weeks but I do think that one of the requirements is a valid PGWP at the time of application so I don’t think you will be eligible

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
I also will be applying for a BOWP in a couple weeks but I do think that one of the requirements is a valid PGWP at the time of application so I don’t think you will be eligible
I agree with priscabowman. You should have a valid PGWP at the time of BOWP submission. So you are not eligible to apply for BOWP this moment. Sorry about that.

ekamath

Sep 15, 2018
That's what I understood from reading the eligibility criteria online on the website.

Do you know if there is any other way that I can work in Canada legally while waiting for the PR?

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
That's what I understood from reading the eligibility criteria online on the website.

Do you know if there is any other way that I can work in Canada legally while waiting for the PR?
I’m not really sure. Probably through looking for an employer who’s willing to go through the LMIA process. It’s kind of an annoying process for companies to have to go through so it may be difficult to find one but not impossible

ekamath

Sep 15, 2018
I’m not really sure. Probably through looking for an employer who’s willing to go through the LMIA process. It’s kind of an annoying process for companies to have to go through so it may be difficult to find one but not impossible
I see. Thanks!

I was told that the LMIA process also is extremely long and expensive. I couldn't apply for a BOWP without an ITA and now that I have the ITA, my PGWP has expired. What a pickle!

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
I see. Thanks!

I was told that the LMIA process also is extremely long and expensive. I couldn't apply for a BOWP without an ITA and now that I have the ITA, my PGWP has expired. What a pickle!
Yes. It is expensive. Almost the cost of a pr application. Sorry about that. Actually you need an AOR (generated in your account after PR submission) for the BOWP application not just an ITA.

Just one question, why did u enter the pool late. Were you waiting for a completion for one of your points?

ekamath

Sep 15, 2018
Yes. It is expensive. Almost the cost of a pr application. Sorry about that. Actually you need an AOR (generated in your account after PR submission) for the BOWP application not just an ITA.

Just one question, why did u enter the pool late. Were you waiting for a completion for one of your points?
Yes, my WES evaluation took longer than anticipated. Also, I was told by my agent that 3 months before the expiration of my PGWP is long enough time to complete the process.

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Yes, my WES evaluation took longer than anticipated. Also, I was told by my agent that 3 months before the expiration of my PGWP is long enough time to complete the process.
Oh I see. I’m also running on limited PGWP because it expires next month. I received an ITA today so I have to apply for both PR and then BOWP before this month ends.

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
hi,

I applied for my BOWP on Dec 19, 2018. Today I just noticed that my application changed from submitted to Application/profile updated, but there were no changes in the status and I didn´t receive any email. Is my application close to the end?

thanks!

tweety2018

Oct 11, 2018
Thanks for the update. I also applied my BOWP on DEC 19 2018. My application also changed from submitted to application/profile updated.My review of eligibility section is updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" Check your application one more time..

Reactions: ladyday

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Thanks for the update. I also applied my BOWP on DEC 19 2018. My application also changed from submitted to application/profile updated.My review of eligibility section is updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" Check your application one more time..
you are right! just for curiosity, what was in the eligibility before it?

tweety2018

Oct 11, 2018
Mine is also approved today. MY PR application's timelines are below

AOR: 8th March 2018.
MEP:15th MArch 2018
BG: In progress on Aug 01st 2018.

I'm still waiting for my PR!!!!.