+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permit while waiting for OINP‏

dchen

Jan 25, 2015
Hi folks, I just submitted my application for OINP on Feb 29, 2016 and my work permit is set to expire on June 12, 2016.

In my case, will I be able to apply for a bridging on my PGWP?

Many thanks in advance!

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
dchen said:
Hi folks, I just submitted my application for OINP on Feb 29, 2016 and my work permit is set to expire on June 12, 2016.

In my case, will I be able to apply for a bridging on my PGWP?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi - You can apply for bridging work permit on the basis of your post ITA aplication (AOR) that too when your R10 check is cleared .... i dont think you can apply for bridging wp on the basis of pnp application ....

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Queries said:
Hi - You can apply for bridging work permit on the basis of your post ITA aplication (AOR) that too when your R10 check is cleared .... i dont think you can apply for bridging wp on the basis of pnp application ....

I agree. You can't even use your PNP file number in extending your WP. You may do this post ITA when your Eligibility is cleared out. I know a colleague who was granted a one year extension using his PNP nomination certificate. But in your case you can't apply for BOWP using pending PNP application.

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi dchen,

I am in the EXACT same position as you. I submitted my application for OINP on Feb 18, 2016 and my work permit is expiring July 7, 2016.
I've been doing lots of research on this and have spoken to CIC as well. Unfortunately, we will not qualify for a bridging work permit.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to extend my work permit - we can connect and keep in touch if you'd like.

Zeesh

Jun 3, 2016
I am in a similar situation as well. I have applied for OINP on April 6th 2016 and yet to receive a response. My PGWP expires on 10th July 2016. Not sure if I am going to receive my nomination within the time my PGWP is valid. I was thinking of applying for visitor status before my PGWP expires and then apply for BOWP once i have received my nomination and my AOR from my PR application as well. An immigration consultant told me that I might still be eligible to receive a BOWP as a visitor even though my PGWP expired since the provincial government can issue me a letter of support after providing my nomination saying that they have taken way past the 90 days to process my application and that it is technically not my fault in this case.

Does anyone have a similar experience or can share valuable information on this?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Zeesh said:
I am in a similar situation as well. I have applied for OINP on April 6th 2016 and yet to receive a response. My PGWP expires on 10th July 2016. Not sure if I am going to receive my nomination within the time my PGWP is valid. I was thinking of applying for visitor status before my PGWP expires and then apply for BOWP once i have received my nomination and my AOR from my PR application as well. An immigration consultant told me that I might still be eligible to receive a BOWP as a visitor even though my PGWP expired since the provincial government can issue me a letter of support after providing my nomination saying that they have taken way past the 90 days to process my application and that it is technically not my fault in this case.

Does anyone have a similar experience or can share valuable information on this?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
Your consultant is wrong.