+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit Questions

sondjoe

Jan 30, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping that any of you could answer my queries with regards to certain topics about the bridging open work permit. Now, here is our situation, My husband and I are planning to visit our country at the end of the year and my work permit will expire this December the same as his(since he applied for an open work permit as my dependent). Furthermore, we are still waiting for our medical request in lieu to our Permanent Residency Application(CEC April 2013 Applicant). I know I am qualified to apply for a bridging open work permit but I have some questions on how my husband could get a renewal of his open work permit.

1.) Is he eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit?
2.) Can we submit our application for bridging open work permit together?
3.) Should he wait for my bridging open work permit and apply an open work permit as my dependent.

Thanks

ucasumon

Apr 9, 2017
Hi,
I get my file number for my PR Application, no have to bridge my work permit because it will be expire in August. Wondering some question :

Bellow I copy two question from CIC website , those question they asked when we try to get the reference code,
I am not sure which one I should select YES, because there is nothing matching with my current situation. but I have to select yes for any of these question otherwise it giving me another checklist. Please help me

1.Does one of the following apply to you?
—-.> I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
—–> I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
—–> I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
—–> I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
—–> I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
—–> I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
•Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
•Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
•Protected Persons in Canada
•Live-in Caregiver in Canada

Please make a selection Yes /No

2 .Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
—->Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
—–>Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
——>Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
——->Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)

Please make a selection YesNo

Problematic field: Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
•a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement

•a military personnel assigned to Canada

•a participant in professional sports activities or events

•an employee of a foreign news company
•a religious worker

Please make a selection Yes/No