+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permit , help needed

niftyned

Jan 5, 2019
Hi guys , looking for some help please.
Entered Canada initially on IEC .
Before visa expired I applied by paper to extend to obtain implied status .

The day I sent the application I was invited to apply for BCPNP which I now have applied for.

Now I’ve obtained an AOR I’m hoping to link it to my paper application to obtain a bridging open work permit.

Can I do this online or do I have to post it to the office where I sent my application?

Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks. Sorry for wrong threading

Last edited:

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
I expect you already know you cannot extend an IEC visa. If you AOR is dated after your visa extension application date trying to link it may be risky. If your IEC is still valid you could consider withdrawing your extension application and reapplying for a BOWP.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guys , looking for some help please.
Entered Canada initially on IEC .
Before visa expired I applied by paper to extend to obtain implied status .
Just to be clear, you submitted an application even though you were not eligible (didn't have an LMIA or meet other eligibility criteria)? If that is the case, according to the rules, your application should be rejected as incomplete, and you will be deemed out of status from the date your original permit expired (no implied status).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

The day I sent the application I was invited to apply for BCPNP which I now have applied for.

Now I’ve obtained an AOR I’m hoping to link it to my paper application to obtain a bridging open work permit.
You are not eligible for a BOWP if your IEC permit has already expired.