+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
delorean said:
I guess CIC's answer is different depends on the person. And I think 2nd question's answer is "yes" for Express Entry. Because we're allowed to apply for PR and invited under the Express Entry. Law was changed. CIC's answer isn't consistency at this time. We pay all money for PR process and we already had medical examination simultaneously. We needed to have medical examination after approvement under the old PR process.

This is just my opinion. You can apply for BOWP in either case, no matter what you chose, yes or no. Important thing is that whether your status become implied status or not.

I hope everyone got PR soon.
Yes brother you are right only one thing I'm sure ...we applied pr application and got AOR and we applied bowp. I'm sure visa officer if he feels that we get pr then only he think of giving bowp and also I'm sure we currently pay tax and we still do if he approves the pr application. Until and unless we pay tax there is no harm with our application. Since cic wants skills people who pays taxs and generate 30-40% of canada economy .

germany15

Mar 21, 2015
Hi Guys,
I applied for my PR and I have my AOR and I have a work permit for 4 years and it will expire next month. My question is do they extend my open work permit after 4 years? If someone has the same situation, please help me.
Thank You everybody.

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
germany15 said:
Hi Guys,
I applied for my PR and I have my AOR and I have a work permit for 4 years and it will expire next month. My question is do they extend my open work permit after 4 years? If someone has the same situation, please help me.
Thank You everybody.
they do...i worked 5 years on a work permit and i gor my new one awhile ago...i didnt submit my application using aor from ee...but i think you should try!

dphdph

Apr 1, 2015
ngelsa said:
I am submitting my bridging open work permit application online later today. Hopefully it will go through and my work permit expires on April 1, 2015. Good luck to the rest of you :)
Hi there, I wanna submit my bowp asap. because my time is running out same as yours. I filled up all necessary information on my on-line profile to apply for it and in next step I have got a Document checklist. Everything seems fine to me, but one of the document what I have to upload there is a "Itineraty, Travel". I have no an idea what going on whit this document. Probably it seems like that I have to add some a copy of my fly ticket or what ever. I don't understand why, if I have applied for PR, now I wanna extend my stay through the BOWP, so I don't need buy any ticket to fly away, that's actually reason why I do it!!!
Pl. I would like to ask if did you have same a similar or same document checklist with your application, and if yes, can you explain me what did u add to this column.
Thanks to your answer.
Regards
David

gman1989

Apr 1, 2015
When do you receive an AOR? Is it after you get selected from the EE pool? Or when you get into the pool? Sorry I dont know much. i just entered into the EE pool.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gman1989 said:
When do you receive an AOR? Is it after you get selected from the EE pool? Or when you get into the pool? Sorry I dont know much. i just entered into the EE pool.
1. You need the positive eligibility from CIC after submitting the application in EE, not the AOR before you eligible for BOWP.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
dphdph said:
Hi there, I wanna submit my bowp asap. because my time is running out same as yours. I filled up all necessary information on my on-line profile to apply for it and in next step I have got a Document checklist. Everything seems fine to me, but one of the document what I have to upload there is a "Itineraty, Travel". I have no an idea what going on whit this document. Probably it seems like that I have to add some a copy of my fly ticket or what ever. I don't understand why, if I have applied for PR, now I wanna extend my stay through the BOWP, so I don't need buy any ticket to fly away, that's actually reason why I do it!!!
Pl. I would like to ask if did you have same a similar or same document checklist with your application, and if yes, can you explain me what did u add to this column.
Thanks to your answer.
Regards
David
Instead of submitting an actual Travel Plan I wrote a cover letter explaining that I am already working in Canada and looking to extend my work permit while awaiting for a decision to be made on my PR application. I uploaded the cover letter in lieu of the Travel Plan.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
I have received to strange emails recently, one on March 31 and the other just about few minutes ago on April 1. I am starting to think CIC is pulling some sort of April Fool Jokes on me.

Anyway, it is about my BOWP application. Both emails stated that there is status change regarding my work permit application and I logged on to check it out. On March 31 the status of my Medical Review changed to "review in progress" and then today it got changed back to "not needed at this time".

I wonder if anyone have received the same thing?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:
I have received to strange emails recently, one on March 31 and the other just about few minutes ago on April 1. I am starting to think CIC is pulling some sort of April Fool Jokes on me.

Anyway, it is about my BOWP application. Both emails stated that there is status change regarding my work permit application and I logged on to check it out. On March 31 the status of my Medical Review changed to "review in progress" and then today it got changed back to "not needed at this time".

I wonder if anyone have received the same thing?

It's interesting :eek: :eek:

phrixus

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
I am wonderning is there any applicant applied and received her/his BOWP successfully under non-finalized EE AOR?

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
I was away on vacation so I haven't been able to connect to the Internet much. This morning when I logged onto MyCIC I noticed that the Open Work Permit Renewal application that I submitted online on March 1, 2015 was approved. I didn't receive any emails or messages in MyCIC account tho.

I was invited to apply for PR through Express Entry under the Skilled Worker Stream, so at least the AOR works.

Hope to hear more approval from the rest of you.

On a side note: I am not sure why my open work permit application was approved so quickly because according to the timeline posted on the CIC website they are still working on applications received in mid February.

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
ngelsa said:
I was away on vacation so I haven't been able to connect to the Internet much. This morning when I logged onto MyCIC I noticed that the Open Work Permit Renewal application that I submitted online on March 1, 2015 was approved. I didn't receive any emails or messages in MyCIC account tho.

I was invited to apply for PR through Express Entry under the Skilled Worker Stream, so at least the AOR works.

On a side note: I am not sure why my open work permit application was approved so quickly because according to the timeline posted on the CIC website they are still working on applications received in mid February.
Congrats!!! That's a good sign giving me hope. 8)

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
ngelsa said:

More information: I worked the maximum 4 years allowed for temporary workers, so that means as long as you have AOR you can work beyond that maximum allowance until a decision is made.