+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

bicko

Jun 9, 2016
Aln_mj said:
When will your Wp expires? If you dont have AOR you cannot apply for BOWP but you can apply for WP extension.
I will be working fr the same employer
It will expire Dec 7th, Is there a different form for WP extension and BOWP ?

Should I choose Yes for the below option

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
?
Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
?
Do you have a written job offer?
?

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is for bowp information. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

you can read this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

When my current WP expires, I will have to apply for visitor visa for me and my dependents (spouse and daughter). At present, I am waiting for OINP nomination (FSW Inland).

I have few questions regarding Visitor Visa:

1. Is waiting for OINP nomination or ITA is a valid reason to apply for Visitor Visa, or some other reason needs to be stated to get Visitor visa?
2. Can I apply for my and dependants visa through my current EE profile, or I will have to create separate profile for dependent?
3. Before how much time of WP expiry, I should apply for Visitor Visa?
4. If I am on visitor visa, and meanwhile I received AOR for ITA then will I be able to apply for BOWP/OWP?

One question not related to Visitor Visa:

1. What is the difference between BOWP and OPen work permit? After ITA AOR, are we eligible for BOWP or OWP?

Your inputs will be very helpful to me. If this is not right forum, please provide me a link where I can put these questions.

Thanks in advance and good luck for your ITA processing!!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
PrettyCanada said:
Hi Seniors,

When my current WP expires, I will have to apply for visitor visa for me and my dependents (spouse and daughter). At present, I am waiting for OINP nomination (FSW Inland).

I have few questions regarding Visitor Visa:

1. Is waiting for OINP nomination or ITA is a valid reason to apply for Visitor Visa, or some other reason needs to be stated to get Visitor visa?
2. Can I apply for my and dependants visa through my current EE profile, or I will have to create separate profile for dependent?
3. Before how much time of WP expiry, I should apply for Visitor Visa?
4. If I am on visitor visa, and meanwhile I received AOR for ITA then will I be able to apply for BOWP/OWP?

One question not related to Visitor Visa:

1. What is the difference between BOWP and OPen work permit? After ITA AOR, are we eligible for BOWP or OWP?

Your inputs will be very helpful to me. If this is not right forum, please provide me a link where I can put these questions.

Thanks in advance and good luck for your ITA processing!!
1. Don't think it's a good reason. OINP is not open yet and no one promised that you would receive one. So you are staying in hope to receive OINP. Don't think it's a good reason in eyes of IRCC.
2. Don't know, sorry.
3. IRCC states - at least 30 days before you current status expires. But usually it's not a problem even if you apply few days before your current status expiration.
4. No.

There is no diff between BOWP and Open Work Permit. Open Work Permit is a generic term for all work permits which are not employer restricted. BOWP is a specific type of Open Work Permit given to PR applicants.

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfse said:
1. Don't think it's a good reason. OINP is not open yet and no one promised that you would receive one. So you are staying in hope to receive OINP. Don't think it's a good reason in eyes of IRCC.
2. Don't know, sorry.
3. IRCC states - at least 30 days before you current status expires. But usually it's not a problem even if you apply few days before your current status expiration.
4. No.

There is no diff between BOWP and Open Work Permit. Open Work Permit is a generic term for all work permits which are not employer restricted. BOWP is a specific type of Open Work Permit given to PR applicants.
Thanks PFSE for answer.

I would like to add some clarifications, and based on that please look at question 1 and 4 again.
1. I have already applied for OINP in starting of the year. Received AOR in Jun 2016 and waiting for OINP Nomination. I am not waiting for OINP invitation. Is it a good reason to apply for Visitor Visa?
4. If I have acknowledgement of ITA document submission, and I am on Visitor Visa, can I apply for Open Work permit?

Thanks.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
PrettyCanada said:
Thanks PFSE for answer.

I would like to add some clarifications, and based on that please look at question 1 and 4 again.
1. I have already applied for OINP in starting of the year. Received AOR in Jun 2016 and waiting for OINP Nomination. I am not waiting for OINP invitation. Is it a good reason to apply for Visitor Visa?
4. If I have acknowledgement of ITA document submission, and I am on Visitor Visa, can I apply for Open Work permit?

Thanks.
Sorry, misunderstood you.
1. If you already applied for OINP, than "waiting for result" would probably acceptable reason. But I would ask this specific question in the "Visitors" section of this forum.
2. No. One of the requirements for BOWP is that applicant must apply before his/her current work permit expires. That means you can't apply for BOWP as a visitor even if you PR application is in process.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfse said:
Sorry, misunderstood you.
1. If you already applied for OINP, than "waiting for result" would probably acceptable reason. But I would ask this specific question in the "Visitors" section of this forum.
2. No. One of the requirements for BOWP is that applicant must apply before his/her current work permit expires. That means you can't apply for BOWP as a visitor even if you PR application is in process.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
Thanks pfse. So if I dont receive nomination till expiry of my WP, then I will have to be on Visitor Visa till I get PR? That's too bad.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
PrettyCanada said:
Thanks pfse. So if I dont receive nomination till expiry of my WP, then I will have to be on Visitor Visa till I get PR? That's too bad.
Unfortunately that is the case. Alternatively you may try to find an employer who is willing to apply for LMIA for you. Then you would be able to apply for closed WP.

bicko

Jun 9, 2016
Guys Got ITA today....

Two questions guys for the section where we need to upload the documents
I am getting the option to upload the

Offer of employment (Not sure why? )
Also there is an option to upload employment records and letter of employment
So Not sure what does it mean by Offer of employment

Also I am not getting the option for Letter of Explanation

Can someone advise if this is standard to ask above documents ?
Note : I have OINP nomination but no LMIA ?

real08

Aug 8, 2016
I applied for BOWP on September 29, and I'm still waiting For it.
According to cic processing time is 34 days, it's my 35th day today :(

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
Thy updates today n it says now last updated 28h oct and they r working right now sept 22...so probably next week u ll hear something.....

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
real08 said:
I applied for BOWP on September 29, and I'm still waiting For it.
According to cic processing time is 34 days, it's my 35th day today :(
whenever u ll get your work permit will u update when u get it please.....

Alexandra25

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Patelpatel506 said:
whenever u ll get your work permit will u update when u get it please.....
I got work permit today, now I'm wondering when it's going to come in mail, the end of this week?