+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit after Status Restoration

erichang930

Mar 17, 2017
Hi guys,

I guess I am in a very complicated situation right now. So I come here for help. The story is a little bit long, but please read...

I am a BC PNP nominee under EE, and I have applied for my PR on Dec 8, 2016 (AOE).

However, my PGWP expired on Dec 20, 2016. So I had to apply the BOWP before my PGWP expired. And I did apply with my nominee certificate in mycic.

I knew once I submitted my extension, I had the implied status, which allowed me to stay working.

What I did not expected was that my work permit extension (BOWP) got refused on Jan, 2017. There was no specific reason why I got rejected. But I realized that it may be because I did not pay for the $100 open work permit holder fee. (I swear I have never ever seen this fee that I need to pay in mycic, but I know it's my fault.) I really should apply in paper.

So I lost my status (worker) immediately. After that, I applied restoration my status as a visitor. But I did not restore the worker status, because I though the PR should be approved during the wait.

After a long wait, I got my visitor record last week, therefore I have a valid status to stay in Canada. But I still cannot work, because I do not have a work permit. I really do not want to stay here wait for PR and do nothing.

My question is (finally), is there any way to apply for the BOWP again? I tried two way, but neither of them was working.

1. I cannot apply it with my current status (visitor) on mycic, because I cannot pass 'Determine your eligibility' questionnaire.

2. I went the border to do a flag-pole today. The officer told me that they could not offer the BOWP, they only do PGWP and Spouse OWP. The only way to get a BOWP is thru mycic.

THANKS A LOT
JZ

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to be holding a valid work permit to qualify for a BOWP.

catabao

Apr 7, 2017
Hi guys,

I guess I am in a very complicated situation right now. So I come here for help. The story is a little bit long, but please read...

I am a BC PNP nominee under EE, and I have applied for my PR on Dec 8, 2016 (AOE).

However, my PGWP expired on Dec 20, 2016. So I had to apply the BOWP before my PGWP expired. And I did apply with my nominee certificate in mycic.

I knew once I submitted my extension, I had the implied status, which allowed me to stay working.

What I did not expected was that my work permit extension (BOWP) got refused on Jan, 2017. There was no specific reason why I got rejected. But I realized that it may be because I did not pay for the $100 open work permit holder fee. (I swear I have never ever seen this fee that I need to pay in mycic, but I know it's my fault.) I really should apply in paper.

So I lost my status (worker) immediately. After that, I applied restoration my status as a visitor. But I did not restore the worker status, because I though the PR should be approved during the wait.

After a long wait, I got my visitor record last week, therefore I have a valid status to stay in Canada. But I still cannot work, because I do not have a work permit. I really do not want to stay here wait for PR and do nothing.

My question is (finally), is there any way to apply for the BOWP again? I tried two way, but neither of them was working.

1. I cannot apply it with my current status (visitor) on mycic, because I cannot pass 'Determine your eligibility' questionnaire.

2. I went the border to do a flag-pole today. The officer told me that they could not offer the BOWP, they only do PGWP and Spouse OWP. The only way to get a BOWP is thru mycic.

THANKS A LOT
JZ
Hi. Have you received your BOWP in your restoration status?

ziggyy

Oct 16, 2017
Hello @erichang930

Could you please update us on status of your application?

I have exactly the same situation

Hi guys,

THANKS A LOT
JZ