File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’ve never heard of people getting their BOWP approved without an ita in their application package. I heard about people getting BOWP approved without an aor. So this is something new I hear.

This person then will need to get an ita before his implied status comes to an end, so he/she can Get his BOWP so they can keep working .

if their BOWP gets rejected I don’t understand how this person can remain in Canada with no status while their pr is processed. Unless they apply for a restoration of status in the mean time.
That's right on your last comment. The only way they can remain in Canada is if they apply to restore status to visitor. But they would obviously have to stop working and will no longer qualify for a BOWP (even if status is restored).

Reactions: Sandhu8857

Sandhu8857

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey, i just got an ITA, i have a question, today is 1 may and my work permit expires 1 May, it means i have time till today 12 at night or my work permit expired already when 1 may started after 30th April 12 at night, i am confused, if i apply for my PR today, are there good chances of my BOWP getting approved which i applied yesterday, but sadly i have to apply without PCC as i will get it tomorrow, i am so confused, if my work permit is still valid on the day of expiry till midnight then i can risk filing today without PCC.

sonu thind

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Hey, i just got an ITA, i have a question, today is 1 may and my work permit expires 1 May, it means i have time till today 12 at night or my work permit expired already when 1 may started after 30th April 12 at night, i am confused, if i apply for my PR today, are there good chances of my BOWP getting approved which i applied yesterday, but sadly i have to apply without PCC as i will get it tomorrow, i am so confused, if my work permit is still valid on the day of expiry till midnight then i can risk filing today without PCC.
Well you said you have all the documents ready to apply once received ITA. Now apply it without PCC and attach LOE explaining everything. I am not sure about the dates you mentioned

viggy

Oct 17, 2019
Hi Sandhu8857,

i’m almost in the similar situation however, I received my ITA a week before completing actual 52 weeks probably the CIC system only considers start and end of the month dates. I’m planning to submit for BOWP but don’t have PCC or Medicals yet.
Did you get any update on your BOWP?

should I accept the ITA or reject it?
Thanks for guidance in advance.

regards,
Viggy

Sandhu8857

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi Sandhu8857,

i’m almost in the similar situation however, I received my ITA a week before completing actual 52 weeks probably the CIC system only considers start and end of the month dates. I’m planning to submit for BOWP but don’t have PCC or Medicals yet.
Did you get any update on your BOWP?

should I accept the ITA or reject it?
Thanks for guidance in advance.

regards,
Viggy
If your work permit is expiring, just wait till 1 day before expiry and if you are still not able to apply for your PR, then apply for your BOWP, no other option, you can continue working, my work permit was expired on 1 May and i applied for my BOWP on 30 Apirl and i applied for my E-APR on 6 May, later on on 7 may, i sent the AOR via webform and i got a reply within 7 days that AOR was accepted and has been attached to my E APR, so hopefully my BOWP will be approved, i am still waiting for service canada to open bio metrics facility.

ahaidar

Mar 23, 2020
so basically im in the same situation my work permit will expire on 31st, didn't apply to change my status to visitor, i'm in the pool already, so my question is should I apply to change my status or submit BOWP application while waiting for ita. I know I can't continue working but my concern can I submit my pr application when I get ita although I might at that time got refusal for Bowp?
Very wrong information.
EE doesn’t get rejected because WP get rejected or status was out
You don’t need legal status in Canada to apply for cec or fsw (EE)

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
so basically im in the same situation my work permit will expire on 31st, didn't apply to change my status to visitor, i'm in the pool already, so my question is should I apply to change my status or submit BOWP application while waiting for ita. I know I can't continue working but my concern can I submit my pr application when I get ita although I might at that time got refusal for Bowp?
From what i gathered reading here :
If you have already passed the MEC and are in the pool with a reasonably high CRS (high enough that you know for sure you'll get an ITA in the next draw or two, you can apply for BOWP. Get all your documents ready, the day you receive an ITA, submit everything and get an eAOR. Submit a LoE with the eAOR attached via Webform to attach it to your BOWP application. By the time they process the BOWP, if the eAOR is attached to it, it'll be fine. If the eAOR is missing when they go to process your BOWP, it will be rejected.

Reactions: ahaidar