+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bowp without AOR! Please help!

Emyminardi

May 27, 2021
I sent my Pr. Application ( paper base) on 1Nov.2021 and my work permit expire in October 2022 ( WP with Lmia )
Can I ask for a BOWP without have received the AOR?

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
I sent my Pr. Application ( paper base) on 1Nov.2021 and my work permit expire in October 2022 ( WP with Lmia )
Can I ask for a BOWP without have received the AOR?
I heard some rejection of BOWP without AOR. BOWP checklist includes AOR. So, it is very possible to get rejected without AOR. There might be people who managed to get BOWP without AOR. On the other hand, since your current work permit is still valid until October, you can wait for a couple of months to see whether you can get AOR. If you cannot extend your closed work permit and run out of other options, you can try to submit BOWP application with an explanation letter just before the expiry date of your current work permit (if you still don't get AOR by that time). Then you will be in the maintained status. Since the processing time of work permit might take months, your hope is to get AOR before your BOWP application is processed so that you can send your AOR information by webform.

Emyminardi

May 27, 2021
My laywer advice me to do that or ask for a new Lmia but seems to me a lots work and maybe get the AOR after few months....