+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Ishansimran

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
That‘s a good sign for sure! Were there any changes?
I think someone mentioned their eligibility changed to „We are reviewing your eligibility“ the day before their permit was approved.
Fingers crossed you‘ll get good news next week!

That is a very long wait, I hope your GCMS notes will have some helpful information!

Wow, that‘s super long. Did you contact IRCC about this (Phone call/webform) or order GCMS notes? I wasn‘t aware BOWP files had local visa offices as well.
This is sent to Edmonton

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
@legalfalcon
Hi ,
I currently have valid PGWP and it expires on June 26, 2021. I have my PR applied under CEC category in progress as well since May 2020 and I am eligible for both BOWP and work permit under new public policy .. I opted for new public policy due to the validity period of 18 months ...
I applied for it on March 9 and received the approval today with the validity period of only one year instead of 18 months ... I think they considered my application as BOWP even though I uploaded the letter stating that I am applying for this new public policy ..
please suggest me what I have to do ??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi ,
I currently have valid PGWP and it expires on June 26, 2021. I have my PR applied under CEC category in progress as well since May 2020 and I am eligible for both BOWP and work permit under new public policy .. I opted for new public policy due to the validity period of 18 months ...
I applied for it on March 9 and received the approval today with the validity period of only one year instead of 18 months ... I think they considered my application as BOWP even though I uploaded the letter stating that I am applying for this new public policy ..
please suggest me what I have to do ??
There is nothing that you have to do. All you need to make sure is that you maintain your valid status to work in Canada. As long as you have that, you are good and need not worry.

Your CEC application should be processed soon and you will have a decision.

Reactions: nsyadava2004

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
My wife's BOWP also got approved for 1 year, a few minutes ago! And yet they refused my SOWP based in eligibility! What is IRCC doing!!??
Maybe you should send a Webform with your wife approval and see what happens
Are you in Canada?

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Maybe you should send a Webform with your wife approval and see what happens
Are you in Canada?
I'm in the US. The IRCC call center agent told me to send a webform to the New York visa office, but I'm not very hopeful because this visa office never replies.

Right now, I'm all over the place on this! On one hand, I have a teeny-tiny hope that they would acknowledge it and reconsider the application, on the other, I just want to consult a lawyer and get their help to reapply.

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
I'm in the US. The IRCC call center agent told me to send a webform to the New York visa office, but I'm not very hopeful because this visa office never replies.

Right now, I'm all over the place on this! On one hand, I have a teeny-tiny hope that they would acknowledge it and reconsider the application, on the other, I just want to consult a lawyer and get their help to reapply.

Maybe you should try and order notes, if your wife is Canada she can do it for you, just sign the representative form. Also your Wife PR application and Noc affects your eligibility. Am not sure which category she applied under, if is CEC I believed she has to have a NOC with 0, A & B. And I would hope she submitted a letter staying her position.

I applied under the PNP category and that category does not have any specific NOC requirement, they delayed the process of my spouse application about 3 weeks after mine, not sure why. They eventually approved it . Also he is in Canada as well

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Maybe you should try and order notes, if your wife is Canada she can do it for you, just sign the representative form. Also your Wife PR application and Noc affects your eligibility. Am not sure which category she applied under, if is CEC I believed she has to have a NOC with 0, A & B. And I would hope she submitted a letter staying her position.

I applied under the PNP category and that category does not have any specific NOC requirement, they delayed the process of my spouse application about 3 weeks after mine, not sure why. They eventually approved it . Also he is in Canada as well
Thank you for the detailed explanation! Ordering notes seems a good start.

My wife (inland) applied under CEC (I'm a dependent in it) and the application is stuck at 'All Stages Passed'. Currently, she's NOC A and her roles also allow her to qualify for NOC 0; we clearly explained all this in out letters of explanation and provided supporting proof. Here's the exact reason for refusal:
I think they overlooked the part where we mentioned that there's also a BOWP application along with this SOWP, as a result, did not link the applications. And, for us, the entire process happened in like 5 business days. The notes should clear things up!

Do you know if your application was processed in Canada or your country of residence?

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Thank you for the detailed explanation! Ordering notes seems a good start.

My wife (inland) applied under CEC (I'm a dependent in it) and the application is stuck at 'All Stages Passed'. Currently, she's NOC A and her roles also allow her to qualify for NOC 0; we clearly explained all this in out letters of explanation and provided supporting proof. Here's the exact reason for refusal:
I think they overlooked the part where we mentioned that there's also a BOWP application along with this SOWP, as a result, did not link the applications. And, for us, the entire process happened in like 5 business days. The notes should clear things up!

Do you know if your application was processed in Canada or your country of residence?
I do think the theory of them overlooking it can very possible, especially because your are outland, 2 separate visa processing office. When I applied for my PGWP, my spouse was outland and it was a challenges as well, his was processed in his home country. It took 6 weeks for his to be process. By the was I am at taking you both applied together?

For this current one I think because he is in Canada now his was process as in Canada I am not sure.

To be honest, I think the real challenge is because you are outside Canada, my application is also stuck with all stages pass because I have an outland dependent. And from my understanding is useless to apply for visitors visa or study permit for her because the refusal rate is very high.

However some people would argue to say your wife has to be approved first, then you can apply after. So now that she has gotten her approval, reapply and include her permit and see what happens.

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I do think the theory of them overlooking it can very possible, especially because your are outland, 2 separate visa processing office. When I applied for my PGWP, my spouse was outland and it was a challenges as well, his was processed in his home country. It took 6 weeks for his to be process. By the was I am at taking you both applied together?

For this current one I think because he is in Canada now his was process as in Canada I am not sure.

To be honest, I think the real challenge is because you are outside Canada, my application is also stuck with all stages pass because I have an outland dependent. And from my understanding is useless to apply for visitors visa or study permit for her because the refusal rate is very high.

However some people would argue to say your wife has to be approved first, then you can apply after. So now that she has gotten her approval, reapply and include her permit and see what happens.
Absolutely! Processing at 2 VOs simultaneously is a recipe for disaster. Yes, both the applications were submitted together by my spouse.

I just had a conversation with IRCC call center agent. She was quite helpful and explained me what was going on. Here's what she said:
  • Applying for BOWP and SOWP together does not mean the SOWP will depend on the BOWP. The officer processing my SOWP searched for my wife's status expiry in their database and found the PGWP expiring in less than 6 months and the BOWP was not approved by then. So, the decision was made based on the PGWP expiry.

In this regard, I fell victim to overly quick processing of my application. Had the officer not picked up my application for a few extra hours, he/she would have seen the updated status of my wife. So, now, I'll proceed as per your last point, whenever my wife receives the copy of her new WP.

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
My BOWP got approved today. I didn't receive any email, I just randomly logged in and saw it was approved :) Valid for 1 year. Got a ghost update for the work permit application yesterday but could see no changes when I logged in last night. Hopefully they will focus on my PR now :)

AOR: 15th March 2021
WP-EXT: 18th March 2021 (Extended till July 21st 2021)
Ghost Update: 22nd March 2021
Approved: 23rd March 2021

Just a quick question: We can travel and come back into Canada with BOWP right?