+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hey guys, my BOWP got refused in early Jan, and I requested reconsideration, and after a long wait, they finally approved it today :)

Here's the full timeline just in case anyone is wondering:
BOWP Submitted: Oct 17th, 2020
BOWP Refused: Jan 5th, 2021
BOWP Reconsideration Request Submitted: Jan 5th, 2021
BOWP Application Re-opened: January 13th, 2021 (and they asked me to pay $100 open work permit fee which got refunded when they refused it, and upload the receipt as an additional document – I did it right away)
BOWP Application Approved: March 2nd, 2021
why was it refused?

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
why was it refused?
They said that I did not upload AOR with the application – which I did. I wrote a letter and attached AOR as the second and third pages, so they probably did not scroll down to see it. I called IRCC and the agent on the phone confirmed that and internally escalated it.

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon . Everything passed in GCMS and awaiting COPR. My PGWP expires in 7 days. Applied for BOWP since December and it has now exceeded processing times. Decided to apply for the PGWP extension too. Should I resign from my job immediately to stay on the right side of the law? I never claimed points for a job offer.
I applied for both bowp and new public policy! My bowp is hanged since 17th nov! so I applied under new policy on feb 6th. Lets see. Both my files are still under process!!!

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon . Everything passed in GCMS and awaiting COPR. My PGWP expires in 7 days. Applied for BOWP since December and it has now exceeded processing times. Decided to apply for the PGWP extension too. Should I resign from my job immediately to stay on the right side of the law? I never claimed points for a job offer.
Why would you resign if your bowp is still under process?

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I never get a GU but I access my account in the morning and I see the update but not changed...on the night I access again and I see approved for everyone. But I didn't see PDF, I suppose they will gonna send it by mail.

Babamo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I never get a GU but I access my account in the morning and I see the update but not changed...on the night I access again and I see approved for everyone. But I didn't see PDF, I suppose they will gonna send it by mail.
Ok thanks. I applied for 2 dependents as well and hope it's approved together.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi,
Can anybody clear my query. I will highly appreciate it. Thanks.
I am on PGWP which expires on 28 june 2021. My CEC PR file (AOR March 22, 2020) is under process and my wife is a secondary outland applicant (India) . My question is if I apply my BOWP can I also apply for my wife's SOWP at the same time? or I have to wait for mine to come. Then i can show I have more than 6 months visa and give work permit to my wife too. How it works?

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
CEC aor: Mar 27
applied for bowp (+dependents): Feb 2
approved: Mar 1

I applied for CEC _with_ Offer for 50 points. Then for BOWP answered 'has offer' - NO. Got the approval.
so this offer question is not really required for bowp.
I had a panic when I was filling mine out for this question as I also have the 50 points.

To help ease anyone else's concerns if they also answered yes:

I answered the question as yes, with the offer details and attached the offer letter in the LOE. After I submitted I realised I could have answered no and it would have been fine. I was worried that by answering yes they'd give me a closed permit, but they didn't. Got approval at the same rate as everyone else who applied around the same time, so it didn't drag anything on. And I got a fully open permit.

Jass98

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hlooo friends Hope you all are doing well . Is anybody here who got Bridging open work permit who had LMIA employer specific work permit. Plzzz reply me thanks

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
I applied for BOWP on 4th Jan, got approved on 5th Feb.
Unfortunately - expiry date is the same as start date :D
Just an update on my situation. Called IRCC last Wednesday, they raised "urgent" ticket to CPC and yesterday new WP was issued and sent out via mail.

Reactions: sokke