+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
I assume it might be people their their passport is about to expire, close work permit holders or if you're yet to pass eligibility.

I have yet to pass eligibility when I last called on the Oct 29th, but not received any correspondence. This is the first time I am hearing of this it might be a new change they recently added.
The correspondence letter is for biometrics valid if you have done with biometrics previously either for WP or PR and it's good sign to get approval soon if you received it

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
The correspondence letter is for biometrics valid if you have done with biometrics previously either for WP or PR and it's good sign to get approval soon if you received it
It must be recent change they made to those who were biometrics exempt. I have not done Biometrics for the last ten years and why I likely didn't receive it. Still waiting to receive the call to book my biometrics.

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
It must be recent change they made to those who were biometrics exempt. I have not done Biometrics for the last ten years and why I likely didn't receive it. Still waiting to receive the call to book my biometrics.
No, I wasn't not bio exempted but gave bio for PR last month and I got correspondence letter on Nov 8

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Then you still need to wait for sometime for BOWP approval but whoever received corrs letter, in a day or two received approval. it's more than 3 days now so still not received my approval

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
No, I wasn't not bio exempted but gave bio for PR last month and I got correspondence letter on Nov 8
I guess I may get the same letter when I complete my Biometrics. Is your passport about to expire or are you yet to pass eligibility?

Majority of people got a year extension. Not sure why some people are getting until March 2021.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I got the same confirmation letter. My date was until a decision or March 7, I assumed it was 1 day before my daughter's passport expiry, but not completely sure if that was the rationale. I was hoping to get BOWP at least for a year :(. If I do not get a decision(either BOWP or PR (AORJune 21) before March 7, I will apply BOWP again. It so not in our control!!!
Surprised you didn't get a year, since you passed eligibility.

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
I guess I may get the same letter when I complete my Biometrics. Is your passport about to expire or are you yet to pass eligibility?

Majority of people got a year extension. Not sure why some people are getting until March 2021.
No, my passport is still valid for another 3 years and it is not related to PR eligibility. I saw ppl got BOWP approval though PR eligibility even not yet started.

vasu5656

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
One more observation, in BOWP profile if you see below message under 'Review of eligibility' then you will get approval soon, usually you should see "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

HARRY4465

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am FSWP inland applicant. I got my AOR on March 8, 2020. I Haven’t given biometrics even a single time. Approximately after 6 months, I got refusal for POF as I didn’t attached any proof of funds document for being inland applicant. Attached salary slips, T4 etc. I applied again, AOR - October 8, 2020. Bowp - October 19, 2020. During my bowp application, I forgot to attach AOR which I did the same day through webform. After 20 days, I got receipt of confirmation of document being sent to concerned office. Also a ghost update, my application/ profile updated. That could be due to AOR update in my profile. My work permit expires in the first week of December.
could anyone please add a comment on my application regarding the previous application? R10 for the first application? Since it took 6 months, what were they doing for 6 months? Can I assume all other things are good including Pcc or eligibility including work reference?? When can I expect bowp? Please add your comments to my profile, I would really appreciate your help!!! Totally confused!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am FSWP inland applicant. I got my AOR on March 8, 2020. I Haven’t given biometrics even a single time. Approximately after 6 months, I got refusal for POF as I didn’t attached any proof of funds document for being inland applicant. Attached salary slips, T4 etc. I applied again, AOR - October 8, 2020. Bowp - October 19, 2020. During my bowp application, I forgot to attach AOR which I did the same day through webform. After 20 days, I got receipt of confirmation of document being sent to concerned office. Also a ghost update, my application/ profile updated. That could be due to AOR update in my profile. My work permit expires in the first week of December.
could anyone please add a comment on my application regarding the previous application? R10 for the first application? Since it took 6 months, what were they doing for 6 months? Can I assume all other things are good including Pcc or eligibility including work reference?? When can I expect bowp? Please add your comments to my profile, I would really appreciate your help!!! Totally confused!
You should have ordered GCMS notes around the 3-5 month mark the first time you applied in March 8, 2020. You would have seen the notes indicating you were missing POF and indicating if your PCC was in order and if you passed eligibility.You then could have possibly attached your POF before the final decision was made on your application. I doubt you passed eligibility, since you were required to provide POF under the FSW stream, unlike CEC applicants who are not required to provide POF.

Some applications are rejected within the first 2 months during the R10 document completeness check and others in the 3-6 months mark after the eligibility or background stage is completed. That is why people order GCMS notes, it provides notes regarding any concerns raised on your application by the Case Analyst handling your file and gives you a good indication if your application will be approved or rejected.

Last edited:
Reactions: HARRY4465

HARRY4465

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Thank you so much for answering.
Here is what it was alike!
My consultant was so confident and positive about my application that I didn’t even think of checking any updates regularly, rather just completing 6 months mark. COVID could be the possibility for such ignorance. Cuz I felt like it’s been 5-6 months, I would get my ppr soon.

my concern is, if the POF was mandatory why didn’t I get a decision in six months??? Do you mean my r10 completeness took 6 months? Or my r10 was done.??? I relied completely on my consultant, that was my fault! Anyways I have ordered gcms notes for the previous application to get through it.
One more concern is, if my eligibility was reviewed I would have got multiple reasons in my refusal letter if there were any. Should I expect that my reference letters and other documents were accepted since I got POF as the only reason for refusal????

I am sorry for such a long concern. I hope you don’t mind. Please advise. I appreciate your help!!!!

thanks

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Thank you so much for answering.
Here is what it was alike!
My consultant was so confident and positive about my application that I didn’t even think of checking any updates regularly, rather just completing 6 months mark. COVID could be the possibility for such ignorance. Cuz I felt like it’s been 5-6 months, I would get my ppr soon.

my concern is, if the POF was mandatory why didn’t I get a decision in six months??? Do you mean my r10 completeness took 6 months? Or my r10 was done.??? I relied completely on my consultant, that was my fault! Anyways I have ordered gcms notes for the previous application to get through it.
One more concern is, if my eligibility was reviewed I would have got multiple reasons in my refusal letter if there were any. Should I expect that my reference letters and other documents were accepted since I got POF as the only reason for refusal????

I am sorry for such a long concern. I hope you don’t mind. Please advise. I appreciate your help!!!!

thanks
I recently ordered my GCMS notes about a month ago and expect to receive it within a week or more. My application is almost at the 5 month mark, I won't be confident until I pass eligibility which is still pending. The failure or success of your application is not based on the number of months that have gone by.

I had a friend that passed eligibility and got rejected at background stage, due to some discrepancy in dates he entered that didn't match the documents he submitted. He had to apply again after correcting the error.

Until you order GCMS notes you won't know which stage your application was rejected. You can order it multiple times during the duration your application is being processed, you likely won't need to order it more than twice.

Last edited: