+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP- QUESTIONS for NEW APPLICANTS

ashia7785

Apr 22, 2015
Hello

My Background:
Applied for CEC and got an AOR my Open Work Permit(OWP) expires in 30th June 2015. My spouse is on a study permit which expires in June 2015 which is why my OWP is the same expiry as his. I am trying to apply for BOWP online and have some queries.

Keeping in mind I am a spouse of a student in Canada as well as an AOR received.

Please someone let me know what answers should I give for the following questions: -

Does one of the following apply to you?
• I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
• I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
• I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
• I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
• I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval). -----***THIS point IS MY QUESTION****--------

YES/NO

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
• Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
• Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
• Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval) -----***THIS point IS MY QUESTION****--------
• Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

YES/NO

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

YES/NO

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?--------------------*****************Yes I have ********------------------

YES/NO

Do you have a written job offer?-------------------------******************* I am currently in a permanent job in the same place since last year and half, my job offer is old do I need a new one. ***************-------------------------

YES/NO

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?------------------************I am on a OWP because my spouse is on a study permit, but will be applying BOWP for myself ONLY as my spouse will get PGWP**************------------

YES/NO

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashia7785 said:
Hello

My Background:
Applied for CEC and got an AOR my Open Work Permit(OWP) expires in 30th June 2015. My spouse is on a study permit which expires in June 2015 which is why my OWP is the same expiry as his. I am trying to apply for BOWP online and have some queries.

Keeping in mind I am a spouse of a student in Canada as well as an AOR received.

Please someone let me know what answers should I give for the following questions: -

Does one of the following apply to you?
• I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
• I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
• I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or
• I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or
• I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval). -----***THIS point IS MY QUESTION****--------

YES

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
• Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
• Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
• Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval) -----***THIS point IS MY QUESTION****--------
• Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

YES

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

YES

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?--------------------*****************Yes I have ********------------------

YES

Do you have a written job offer?-------------------------******************* I am currently in a permanent job in the same place since last year and half, my job offer is old do I need a new one. ***************-------------------------

no

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?------------------************I am on a OWP because my spouse is on a study permit, but will be applying BOWP for myself ONLY as my spouse will get PGWP**************------------

yes
Isnt your spouse going to be eligible fr Post grad work permit, if that's going to be more than 1 year then you should apply for that