All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
muskwa said:
I received an update today in my cic account telling me my BOWP application has been approved and the application is now closed.

I was surprised because I applied on January 20th, so it has only been a two month wait!

I was expecting to get my PR first to be honest, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

I read that I should have a message in my inbox telling me more but I have not received that yet.
I have a very strong feeling that they are processing BOWP in accordance to the PR file rather than in the order of when the BOWP application was received....It could be due to various reasons....commercial as they may not want to return the fees associated with BOWP.....overhead of cancelling and returning the BOWP.....so whoever has PR file which is approaching close to decision...they approve the BOWP first and then after some time complete the PR process.....This is just my observation as I have seen BOWP being approved randomly without any order....

muskwa

Dec 4, 2015
I think that seems like a logical and likely answer.

After accepting the long wait time of CEC it was really surprising to have my open work permit approved so soon.

I wonder if they will learn from this past year of express entry and CEC backlog to ensure such delays don't happen again.