+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Jago88

Jan 5, 2017
saccon said:
In your case I'd call them and ask what's going on. I'll give another two weeks and if nothing changes I'll call. The whole point is to let you work while PR is being processed, not to have another application that take as long as PR.
Thanks, I sent in a case specific enquiry as the person I got through to on the phone just kept saying to 'keep checking your online status'

JamesMM

Mar 13, 2017
Honey7949 said:
Hi experts, just wondering how did you made a single pdf file(AOR, PNP, WP) ?
Did you just copied the contents and pasted in MS WORD and saved as a pdf file ?
Considering we can modify/edit after pasting in MS WoRD, is it an issue ?
I cannot keep the exact font style/font size in MS WORD as it looks in PNP email. Does that matter ?
If I directly try to print and then scan in the PNP certificate from the email, the Alberta government logo does not get printed
What to do? Confused.
There are website online that will let you merge documents in Pdf for free. Try googling merge PDFs and you should find a website that can do it for you. The process is slow doing online that way but it will work. I have adobe pro at work so I did all the document merging using that

Beemps

Feb 15, 2017
Beemps said:
Thank you and +1 to everyone to replied to my previous post. I have submitted my eAPR and immediately got an AOR, now I want to apply for BOWP. Here are some of my responses to the "Find out if you're eligible to apply" checklist:
what would you like to do in Canada? - work
how long are you planning to stay in Canada? temporarily more than 6 months
current immigration status - student
do you plan to work on campus - no
are you a full time student and want to work off campus up to 20 hours per week - no
have you recently graduated for which your study program was full time and minimum of eight months - yes (I'm not sure about that though, I was thinking no since I graduated in 2012)
is work an essential part of your studies - no
have you been told by IRCC that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada - yes (is this supposed to be no since I only got AOR and not the R10 competencies)
have you submitted permanent residence application in Canada - yes
do you have a written job offer - yes (I'm still with the company I work with before my PGWP expired)
do you also want to apply for study permit - no
have you had a medical examination performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician in the last 12 months - yes

Based on the results, I had 3 options :-
1) Work permit in Canada - you may be eligible to extend your stay in Canada to work with a work permit
2) PGWP - which I can no longer apply for
3) Open work permit - you may be eligible to work in Canada with an open work permit

I choose options 1 or 3 and the documents required were:
IMM 5710 - apllication to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada
Passport
Digital photo
Proof of medical examination

My AOR and job offer letter were not requested for. Do I go ahead with this application? Also on the IMM 5710 form, when asked which of the following options am I applying for -
a work permit with the same employer
an initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
restoration of status as a worker
temporary resident permit

which of these four options should I choose?

I know I have a long explanation but please y'all I need your help *begging* My status expires March 31st
Thank you

Hello Experts,
Please I am yet to get any response from anyone concerning my post as quoted above. Please I need your help urgently
Thank you!

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Hi Team,

Can I apply BOWP before 4months ?

OR I need to wait for four months.

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
Hello Experts,

I am in process of submitting my application for BOWP I am sure many of them who applied for BOWP have answer to my questions let me give you little of background of my current status in Canada before I jump into the question. I am currently on a open work permit status and have received my AOR for PR under express entry on March 2, 2017 besides this I have provincial nomination certificate my open work permit is going to expire in the end of June, 2017 applying for BOWP where we are asked to submit form IMM5710 my confusion is with question number 3 where there are 4 different options which are

A work permit with same employer
An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
Temporary resident permit

Out of this its confirmed that I don't need to apply for restoration or temporary resident permit left with other 2 options 1) A work permit with same employer 2)An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer. I need to know your expert advise with selecting one of these factors

Also I would like to know if we are suppose to upload form IMM5257 as it shows under optional documents besides LOA, I thank you all for your replies in advance

Zainy

vijaykanna

Mar 24, 2017
Hi can anybody suggest me here .

Situation :
My wife has planning to do her masters in FDU - course global health administration in British Columbia. She will be applying for a study permit . Lets assume she get it
Query
1. Can i apply for Spousal open work permit?
2. If so how?
3. With Spousal open work permit am i allowed to work in Toronto ?

Please respond ASAP its very urgent

vijaykanna

Mar 24, 2017
With Spousal work permit can is there place restriction?
My wife is in British Columbia and i might get a project in Toronto

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
zainy89 said:
Hello Experts,

I am in process of submitting my application for BOWP I am sure many of them who applied for BOWP have answer to my questions let me give you little of background of my current status in Canada before I jump into the question. I am currently on a open work permit status and have received my AOR for PR under express entry on March 2, 2017 besides this I have provincial nomination certificate my open work permit is going to expire in the end of June, 2017 applying for BOWP where we are asked to submit form IMM5710 my confusion is with question number 3 where there are 4 different options which are

Out of this its confirmed that I don't need to apply for restoration or temporary resident permit left with other 2 options 1) A work permit with same employer 2)An initial work permit or a work permit with new employer. I need to know your expert advise with selecting one of these factors

Also I would like to know if we are suppose to upload form IMM5257 as it shows under optional documents besides LOA, I thank you all for your replies in advance

Zainy
I too would like to know the answer for this.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
zainy89 said:
Hello Experts,

Zainy
You did not mention here if you are working or not. I am continuing to work for the same employer since I graduate and choose "work permit with same employer"

People have chosen both, depending on their situation without any variation in the outcome (all have got the BOWP).

satish20K

Jan 22, 2017
Have any one any experience with Bridging open work permit

My Open work permit is about to expire, received AOR this Jan 265, 2017, have BC certificate with no restrictions,
online application to BOWP,
Tried doing online application, but stuck on this question
"Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada"
If say no, it doesn't give me option for open work permit,and just charge $155
But if i say Yes , it gives open work permit with $255 charge

I received AOR which states that they received my application, so i am not sure if i am approved in principle for permanent residence or not,

Anyone got any experience with BOWP, Please Suggest if i need choose Yes or No in this case

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
Hello All,

I am looking to apply for BOWP and would appreciate if anyone can share the online link. I have an open work permit already that expires end of June 2017. I have applied for PR under PNP and received AOR in March 2016. Presently, i am working however, i got another job and am planning to take that offer hence, need an open work permit.

any advise on where and how to apply BOWP would be appreciated.

Thanks

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi All My Post grad work permit expired on Feb 24th I applied for PR and BOWP together on Feb 22nd 2017 , any idea when it can be processed.Presently Still working for CIBC Bank on implied status .

My Time Line is as Follows

ITA: Feb 08 2017

Med Done : Feb 22 2017

PR Applied : Feb 22 2017

AOR Received : Feb 22 2017

BOWP Applied : Feb 22 2017

Meds Passed : March 15 2017

BG Status : Background check is in process

Application is in progress

Any timelines? Suggestions?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Khu12345 said:
Hello All,

I am looking to apply for BOWP and would appreciate if anyone can share the online link. I have an open work permit already that expires end of June 2017. I have applied for PR under PNP and received AOR in March 2016. Presently, i am working however, i got another job and am planning to take that offer hence, need an open work permit.

any advise on where and how to apply BOWP would be appreciated.

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

Khu12345

Aug 12, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have a question on BOWP and would appreciate any advise. After following the process step by step, as mentioned in this post, i am getting an option to either apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Open work permit however, no where it says "bridging work permit". Any advise on which option should I select for bridging open work permit.

Thanks

Jago88

Jan 5, 2017
rackishaquarian said:
Hi All My Post grad work permit expired on Feb 24th I applied for PR and BOWP together on Feb 22nd 2017 , any idea when it can be processed.Presently Still working for CIBC Bank on implied status .

My Time Line is as Follows

ITA: Feb 08 2017

Med Done : Feb 22 2017

PR Applied : Feb 22 2017

AOR Received : Feb 22 2017

BOWP Applied : Feb 22 2017

Meds Passed : March 15 2017

BG Status : Background check is in process

Application is in progress

Any timelines? Suggestions?
I applied for PR on the 6th Jan and BOWP on the 7th Jan and still waiting so you have a long while still