+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

moises

Jul 5, 2012
thisisauser said:
Chia, you're making it far too complicated for yourself. I got AOR in December and went from PGWP to OWP but none and I insist none of these dates or conditions matter from OWP point of view.

As long as

1- you are in Canada
2- on a valid work permit expiring within the next four months and
3- have an AOR

you are good to go. The rest is completely immaterial to the decision making process at CIC. If you haven't already, file your application, include a copy of AOR and current WP if you like and then wait for the new work permit to arrive.
Is it possible to get an open permit, If Employers contract was terminated and need to find other job?
number 2-on a valid work permit that was just issued 5 months ago or not yet expiring within the next four months.

joymonroe

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
HI everyone! I need your help pls. I am applying for BOWP through paper application. I just want to make sure all my documents are complete before submitting. Are these the only things I need?
- IMM 5710
- IMM 5556 (Document checklist)
- Fee (receipt)
- photocopy of passport
- photocopy of work permit
- photocopy AOR (1st AOR)

Do I still need to submit a letter stating that I applied for express entry and will apply for BOWP since mine will expire on January 20, 2016?
Do I also need pictures?

thank you for helping! God bless everyone!

Mantrik-j

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
daniel30 said:
W** is 2nd AOR?
There is an explanation about it on the CIC website, they are quite clear about it.

1st AOR - A notice (Electronic receipt of APR) is automatically issued to the applicants on receipt of their electronic application submission. This notice indicates the following: “Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This notice cannot be used to support a BOWP, as it does not reflect that the applicant has received a “positive eligibility assessment” as required for a BOWP.

2nd AOR - A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is issued to the applicants once their application has passed a completeness check. This letter indicates the following: “CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This is the official Acknowledgement of Receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met.

Mantrik-j

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
cec14 said:
Hi Friends,
How do I get the "Proof of Medical Exam" for the Open work permit application? I never got any copy of the Medical report from panel physician, the doc uploaded to the Immigration system. Can anyone advise at the earliest?
When I spoke with CIC agent last week they told me to apply for BOWP in paper-based application only. You can do the same. There won't be any Proof of medical requirements. It is very straight forward.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
just want to confrim that the fee is $255 for bowp. im applying for my 2nd bowp today by paper application. current bowp expires in 3 months. applied for cec in sep 2014 n still waiting no medical req yet jsut the aor.

Oct 18, 2015
maria_786 said:
just want to confrim that the fee is $255 for bowp. im applying for my 2nd bowp today by paper application. current bowp expires in 3 months. applied for cec in sep 2014 n still waiting no medical req yet jsut the aor.
Hi what is your reason for doing a paper based application??

hars_ptl

Jul 24, 2015
do i have to include AOR email copy while applying...because i didnt include it ..i applied for bowp online on august 2015...
is there any way to include AOR email now ?
THANKS

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
Hi Guys,

I am applying for my 2nd BOWP & bit confuse in this question.

Under background Information Section:
========================

2 C :Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada.
Yes or No

In my first BOWP I choose No, what should be my answer this time.

Thanks in advance!!

Mantrik-j

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Kota1978 said:
Hi Guys,

I am applying for my 2nd BOWP & bit confuse in this question.

Under background Information Section:
========================

2 C :Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada.
Yes or No

In my first BOWP I choose No, what should be my answer this time.

Thanks in advance!!
This question is quite simple. Have you ever had any Study or Work Permits or Visas to come to Canada? If yes, you need to list them all.
Visas and permits are issued to enter and to remain in the country.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Friends - I have a query on BOWP....

My company applied for my BOWP through a Lawyer....They have provided me an email confirmation saying that it has been applied and ...........

Is there a way that I can check the status online myself rather than asking the lawyer on what the status is?

Thanks

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Hi all,

Its been almost 5 month for me after I submitted my application on July 15 under Express entry and there is no 2nd AOR yet.

My current work permit (which is closed and with LMIA) expires in December and am going to submit for BOWP.
If so, I need to apply for an Open Work permit for me and spouse by using Form IMM5710E? However my question is which Form I should use for my child?

In my case (Principal applicant) submit the BOWP with Form IMM5710?
Which Form my spouse should use? Is it the same Form IMM5710?
Also my child is now 3 year old and she is correctly with a temporary resident visa (its not a study permit) so for her which form i should use?

Also can i submit all the applications online? so that i can get the proof of submission.

Please help me.

rgirish

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Guys,

I need urgent help. I applied for CEC PR in June 2014. Last month I received years extention on my closed LMIA based work permit so I have WP till Jul 2017. But I lost job today, ami eleigible to apply for BOWP ?

Thanks

seemalz

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Hi Guys,

NOTE: FOR ALL THE CONFUSION OF APPLYING WITHOUT AOR, WITH AOR OR WHEN POSITIVE ELIGIBILITY ON APPLICATION IS RECIEVED

My work Post Graduate Work Permit was expiring - August 26th'2015

Applied for BOWP without an AOR - August 20th'2015
I wrote a letter explaining that I am submitting my PR application and the Immigration officer should check the system using my Client ID.

Received invitation - September 8th'2015

Submitted PR application - October 10th'2015

Received BOWP - December 16th'2015

Now I know it all depends on the luck or the timing. My application may have passed eligibility right before the officer opened my work permit application.
I just wanted to prove that it is possible.

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Hi All,

I am trying to apply my BOWP online and i have few questions:

1. How do I view the document after uploading it?
2. If I want to include my "10 years Employment history" in an additional sheet, where i can upload it? Is it insert with Form 5710?
3. After validating the Form 5710, I saved it into my desktop for uploading. However i confused the cic website instructions says scan and save it but i didn't scan it so my questions is the form should be uploaded properly without scanning?