+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

jimkal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
14-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-09-2014
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
01-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
Hi Guys,

I recently applied for CEC (NOv 25th) and waiting to hear about the AOR.....hopefully by the end of this week.
I am new to BOWP forum.

Could anyone answer my worries

(1) If I can apply for BOWP after receiving the AOR.
(2) My current WP expires in Sept 2014 and I am presently in Quebec on closed WP. If I receive the AOR on my present WP, Do I need to have an new employment offer other than the one I am working for to get the BOWP,

Thank you guys in advance.

Jim

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jimkal said:
Hi Guys,

I recently applied for CEC (NOv 25th) and waiting to hear about the AOR.....hopefully by the end of this week.
I am new to BOWP forum.

Could anyone answer my worries

In theory yes, in your case - no.

(2) My current WP expires in Sept 2014 and I am presently in Quebec on closed WP. If I receive the AOR on my present WP, Do I need to have an new employment offer other than the one I am working for to get the BOWP,

Read the OB485-A, this should answer your questions. Do some research next time.

Jim

See comments in red above. Links and information can be found on my website > http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
I applied on December 22nd and still no response and I can see that ones applied on 24th Dec have received by Jan 6th...seems I am one of the unlucky guys here :'(

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
leothelion123 said:
I applied on December 22nd and still no response and I can see that ones applied on 24th Dec have received by Jan 6th...seems I am one of the unlucky guys here :'(
I wasn't part of the lucky group either. People who applied after me got it approved in 5 days, took 15 for me. Hang in there.

CanadaGoose

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Red Planet
NOC Code......
Allmost all
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2013
AOR Received.
16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
23-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Passport Req..
14-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
Got My hard copy Yesterday, :D

Nikki30588

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I have a question with regards to applying for a BOWP without the AOR. I fully understand that this might be a silly/ignorant question to ask, so forgive me for the same (I have read OB485-A and talked to CIC several times about the same).

Can someone please tell me if they applied for their BOWP without actually receiving their AOR? For example, did someone submit proof that they had filed for their PR and simultaneously applied for their BOWP?

I am curious to know because I may not get my AOR in time to be able to apply for a BOWP (as I now understand that one cannot restore their status and apply for a BOWP), and hence I'd like to know if you can submit enough proof (such as cover letter, documents, etc.) that you have filed for your PR and accordingly apply for a BOWP.

Please advise.

Thanks!

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hi Friends,

I have applied for BOWP online today. My work permit expires in Dec 2014. But my employer is doing a work force reduction and I have been identified one of the resource to leave since I was in between projects. I have attached explanation letter with all the details. Hoping to hear some positive news.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
md4me said:
Hi Friends,

I have applied for BOWP online today. My work permit expires in Dec 2014. But my employer is doing a work force reduction and I have been identified one of the resource to leave since I was in between projects. I have attached explanation letter with all the details. Hoping to hear some positive news.
My WP is going to expire July2014 and I ll apply for BOWP maybe May or June..
You applied early..

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Nikki30588 said:
I have a question with regards to applying for a BOWP without the AOR. I fully understand that this might be a silly/ignorant question to ask, so forgive me for the same (I have read OB485-A and talked to CIC several times about the same).

Can someone please tell me if they applied for their BOWP without actually receiving their AOR? For example, did someone submit proof that they had filed for their PR and simultaneously applied for their BOWP?

I am curious to know because I may not get my AOR in time to be able to apply for a BOWP (as I now understand that one cannot restore their status and apply for a BOWP), and hence I'd like to know if you can submit enough proof (such as cover letter, documents, etc.) that you have filed for your PR and accordingly apply for a BOWP.
Short answer: you can apply for a BOWP before your AOR arrives - I did it - but there are risks.

The grey area in OB485A is whether the AOR has to be issued before you submit your application, or just before they start processing your application.

If it's "before you submit", then you're right, effectively the AOR has to come before your current work permit runs out, in order to submit your new work permit application in time and benefit from implied status.

On the other hand, although people will advise you to do this, nowhere does OB485A say that you must attach an AOR. The instructions to the officer are for him/her to determine a positive eligibility decision as it is recorded in their own systems. So technically, as long as such a decision is in the system when the officer goes to check, you should be alright.

What I did was:

- applied by post
- applied as late as possible while still getting it to Vegreville on time
- attached an explanation letter that said I was applying for the BOWP, that I was a current CEC applicant, and requesting that they verify my CEC application had a positive eligibility decision.

Of course postal apps take so long that my AOR had well and truly been issued before they started processing it.

So as I said, it's doable but has risks.

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Konan1982 said:
You applied early..
Yes I applied early because I am going to loose my job in few weeks and hence do not have any other left :)

md4me

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hi Friends,

How many of you applied for BOWP and recieved it even when your closed work permit was valid for more than 4 months?

jimkal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
14-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-09-2014
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
01-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
Konan1982 said:
You applied early..
I am new to BOWP forum.

Could you answer my worries

Jim

vikhere

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2013
Med's Request
23-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
jimkal said:
I am new to BOWP forum.

Could you answer my worries

Jim

Stop posting same question multiple times. You've already asked the same question and iam_toby has replied. Why do you think you'll get a different answer if you keep repeating same question?