+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
adfer123 said:
That also confuses me.. I did not get any emails so I figured something was going wrong.
However I did get the email for my AOR from cic. And I am pretty sure I did put the correct email address when I submitted my BOWP application.
Maybe you have a different email connected with your MyCIC account?

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
I had submitted my application for BOWP on 8th November. If it is taking only 7 days now, I am not sure why I did not get any update yet. Is it some kind of a warning regarding the worst which I am least expecting at this point of time?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kunishsa said:
I had submitted my application for BOWP on 8th November. If it is taking only 7 days now, I am not sure why I did not get any update yet. Is it some kind of a warning regarding the worst which I am least expecting at this point of time?
If I'm not mistaken you also have more than 4 months left on your current work permit, right?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
kunishsa said:
But they are currently processing applications received on the 7th. It could be that the estimates are for applications submitted now, based on whether application times are trending faster or slower.

Also, permits have to come through the postal system - my BOWP arrived a full 8 days after the issue date on the permit.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
LPS said:
But they are currently processing applications received on the 7th. It could be that the estimates are for applications submitted now, based on whether application times are trending faster or slower.

Also, permits have to come through the postal system - my BOWP arrived a full 8 days after the issue date on the permit.
That's the last hope :)

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi Experts

Can you please help:

What if my assignment gets over in Feb and I resign from my job because of that and live on my closed WP (which is valid till Aug 2013) till April - can I then apply for BOWP based on the 4 month rule of my BOWP?

Does not working but living in Canada on a closed WP disqualify someone from a BOWP?

Thanks

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
leothelion123 said:
Hi Experts

Can you please help:

What if my assignment gets over in Feb and I resign from my job because of that and live on my closed WP (which is valid till Aug 2013) till April - can I then apply for BOWP based on the 4 month rule of my BOWP?

Does not working but living in Canada on a closed WP disqualify someone from a BOWP?

Thanks
Yes. If you have WP/Visa you can stay even though you are no more with employer. If employer is asking you to go back and because of that reason you quite, you are eligible for EI (Employment Insurance) as well..

Coming to BOWP, you will be eligible on April so you have to stay (not necessarily work) till April (Cant go out of Canada) and should have PR AOR # when you apply .

If you have Offer letter from other employer, you may apply for BOWP before April by attaching that offer letter and explaining your case on letter. There are good chances that officer may grant Open WP even though it is 4+ months. It may gets rejected. All up to Immigration officer.

Maxim1251

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-07-12
AOR Received.
2013-09-12
IELTS Request
Submitted with package
Med's Request
2014-02-25
Med's Done....
2014-03-04 (received on 2014-03-13)
Passport Req..
2014-04-10
VISA ISSUED...
2014-04-14
LANDED..........
2014-04-17
bhavik_ec said:
Yes. If you have WP/Visa you can stay even though you are no more with employer. If employer is asking you to go back and because of that reason you quite, you are eligible for EI (Employment Insurance) as well..

Coming to BOWP, you will be eligible on April so you have to stay (not necessarily work) till April (Cant go out of Canada) and should have PR AOR # when you apply .

If you have Offer letter from other employer, you may apply for BOWP before April by attaching that offer letter and explaining your case on letter. There are good chances that officer may grant Open WP even though it is 4+ months. It may gets rejected. All up to Immigration officer.
You know anyone who have WP valid for longer than 4 months and successfully received BOWP after change to OB 485 in September?

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Maxim1251 said:
You know anyone who have WP valid for longer than 4 months and successfully received BOWP after change to OB 485 in September?
No...I have two friends got back in April-May 2013. Not heard about any successful case post this change..

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
bhavik_ec said:
The operational bulletin 485A that defines BOWP doesn't say anything about leaving and re-entering Canada before you apply. It does say that you should be in Canada while it is being processed.

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
LPS said:
The operational bulletin 485A that defines BOWP doesn't say anything about leaving and re-entering Canada before you apply. It does say that you should be in Canada while it is being processed.
That's correct but if you quite, you will have difficulties entering as you are no more with the company...

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi Bhavik

Isn't the visa valid irrespective of I am still working with my company or not? It is a multiple entry visa and nowhere it is mentioned that I need to continue working while I am entering Canada. It does come with a work permit which says I can ONLY work for my current employer and current company.

Regards