+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

One of my friend who had applied for PR under CEC category was facing a unique problem. He had submitted his application way back in August and had his credit card charged only on 4th November. He was expecting an AOR but received a query on his application where CIC was asking him to submit the date of birth proof. Actually he had submitted his date of birth proofs and affidavits as well. Still they missed it and asked him to fax it. He did the fax and also sent an email explaining them the situation. No update after that. He is trying to get his AOR to submit his BOWP. Following are my questions.

1) Is there any way he can contact CIO sydney office other than email / fax. If there is a phone number, he can contact them and ask them on the reasons for his AOR delay?
2) In the query he received from CIC, it has his application number. This should ideally be suffice for applying his BOWP as his current WP is valid for less than 4 months. Can he use this AOR as the application is not yet officially active due to the back and forth communication going on now?

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa

JLCanada

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-May-2013
AOR Received.
19-June-2013
rose08 said:
My BOWP got approved for just 4-5 days!!! I applied last Nov26. i just checked MyCIC account and it says that my application status is closed and is approved. I just have to wait for them to mail it. So happy ;D
If it is true, very weird for me cuz I applied on 19th of Nov. but still waiting...

What is going on there...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
JLCanada said:
Is there anyone who wants to share the timeline for BOWP please?
Here's some timelines from September applicants who applied for BOWPs.

>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dHE5YWtMUzFZckhzZHE1bmF0NDVmMEE#gid=6

JLCanada

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-May-2013
AOR Received.
19-June-2013
iam_toby said:

Thank you for your share. According to the file, there will be a change on my application in 2 days.

I just talked to a call center agent saying they are working on applications received on Nov. 2nd.

I do not understand why they just read the processing times on the web even though I told them my application number.

PP323

Star Member
Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2014
JLCanada said:
iam_toby said:

Thank you for your share. According to the file, there will be a change on my application in 2 days.

I just talked to a call center agent saying they are working on applications received on Nov. 2nd.

I do not understand why they just read the processing times on the web even though I told them my application number.
I applied for BOWP on 22nd Nov and still waiting, by the time I had applied the expected processing time was just 7 days. not sure until when I have to wait... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::( :( :( :( :( :( :(

testsm

Feb 15, 2013
Hi,

Kindly help, My current closed work permit is expiring on Feb 28 2014.

I have applied for PR in CEC in sep 2013 received AOR in Nov 2013.

Now my company is ready to extend my work permit but i am worried whether i should go with BOWP or extension of current work permit of normal process...and

1)if i go with second option, in case my project is over in mid of next year...can i apply for BOWP where my extended WP will be valid for Remaining 1yr 6 month

2) if i apply for BOWP -
=> is this will have implication on my PR application which is not yet processed
=> will my spouse will get open work permit along with me , do we have to submit application for BOWP together?
=> does this affect my current status in Canada and will that have any impact on our current Job.

Kindly reply as I need to take respective action immediately....otherwise benefits of CTB & UCCB gets stopped if my new WP doesnot come before Feb 2014.

Thanks in advance for all you help and support.

sp010403

Oct 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-11-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
11-12-2013
Hi Seniors,

For Online Application for BOWP, it is asking for last Medical Exam receipt.
I had done medical for VISA 6 months back & don't have any receipt given by doctor other than payment reciept.

Please let me know what I should do.

Regards,

SP010403

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
I had applied twice, my current work permit expires in Jan 2014

1st attempt was in May 2013, well advance just bcoz my lawyer suggested and I had to travel back, but it got refused due to the early submission as per the pre-requisite conditions
2nd attempt exactly in Sept 2013, 2 days after the actual eligibility, I received the OWP in the 3rd week of October as per the processing times listed in CIC site.

Though I have failed on the first attempt (it was my mistake), second attempt it got approved

13.Mar.2013 - my PR appln was received by the team in Nova Scotia
22.Apr.2013 - received my AOR
Till date - ECAS site says 'Application Received'
NOC - 2171, 2174

Did anyone of you have progressed in their PR under this NOC in this year?

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
kunishsa said:
Hi All

One of my friend who had applied for PR under CEC category was facing a unique problem. He had submitted his application way back in August and had his credit card charged only on 4th November. He was expecting an AOR but received a query on his application where CIC was asking him to submit the date of birth proof. Actually he had submitted his date of birth proofs and affidavits as well. Still they missed it and asked him to fax it. He did the fax and also sent an email explaining them the situation. No update after that. He is trying to get his AOR to submit his BOWP. Following are my questions.

1) Is there any way he can contact CIO sydney office other than email / fax. If there is a phone number, he can contact them and ask them on the reasons for his AOR delay?
2) In the query he received from CIC, it has his application number. This should ideally be suffice for applying his BOWP as his current WP is valid for less than 4 months. Can he use this AOR as the application is not yet officially active due to the back and forth communication going on now?

Thanks a lot in advance guys.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa
Any help on my above queries is much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

JLCanada

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-May-2013
AOR Received.
19-June-2013
Hello

I am so happy to let you know that my BOWP application was approved today.

I guess I need 2 -3 more days to get the paper cuz I live in Alberta.

Anyway, I would like to share the timeline.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov. 19, 2013 : online application submitted.

Dec. 04, 2013 : application approved, checked my CIC account.
no email, no message though

It took 15 calendar days.
I only uploaded IMM 5710, photo and passport but not a cover letter explaining AOR and BOWP.
They did not require any additional docs.
I guess all you need for BOWP are less than 4 months validity of your current work permit and stay in Canada.

Thank you and good luck to you guys.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
JLCanada said:
Hello

I am so happy to let you know that my BOWP application was approved today.

I guess I need 2 -3 more days to get the paper cuz I live in Alberta.

Anyway, I would like to share the timeline.
Nov. 19, 2013 : online application submitted.

Dec. 04, 2013 : application approved, checked my CIC account.

It took 15 calendar days.
I only uploaded IMM 5710, photo and passport but not cover letter explaining AOR and BOWP.
They did not require any additional docs.
I guess all you need for BOWP are less than 4 months validity of your current work permit and stay in Canada.

Thank you and good luck to you guys.
Congrats JLCanada. A major relief for you I suppose. I know how happy this relief would be :)

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
JLCanada said:
Hello
I am so happy to let you know that my BOWP application was approved today....
Congratulation! And thanks for sharing the timeline with us! ;)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
CIC is freaking me out these days. Submitted my BOWP application Dec 1st, and every now and then
I get an email from CIC with the subject line: Your application(W300XXXXXX) has been updated
So I login to MyCIC thinking, YAY, finally news on my application, but then I see there haven't been
ANY changes at all. WTF is happening? LOL

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi Toby

Open the message and double click it. There will be an option to view the message. It is a PDF document which you need to open and see. Actually it could be your application submission confirmation. May be you didn't open the PDF at all. Once you open the document and see the view message, you will not get these automated emails.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
kunishsa said:
Hi Toby

Open the message and double click it. There will be an option to view the message. It is a PDF document which you need to open and see. Actually it could be your application submission confirmation. May be you didn't open the PDF at all. Once you open the document and see the view message, you will not get these automated emails.

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa
Thanks, I know how it works, applied for my last work permit using that system. But there is NO new message in my MyCIC account.
APplication status says that the last update from CIC was made December 1st :)