+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

feifei33

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
03-03-2013
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Passport Req..
17-12-2013
LANDED..........
19-04-2014
Just a general question for the people who have applied and have received their BOWP: have you applied online or on paper?
What is better?
Thanks so much.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
feifei33 said:
Just a general question for the people who have applied and have received their BOWP: have you applied online or on paper?
What is better?
Thanks so much.
online is easy and faster, paper takes longer. u can benefit from paper application if u haven't received ur aor at the time of ur application

bubence

Nov 18, 2011
Hi guys,

I’m in the process of applying for “bridging open work permit” using the online application, but I came across a problem. “Proof of medical exam” is listed in the support document that I need to provide and I cannot continue the application without this document (link to the image: http://postimg.org/image/jiaxel2g3/). As I read on the cic website and on this forum, this document is option and is required in specific cases (jobs where it is important to protect public health, agricultural job, etc. – source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=183&t=17). None of these cases apply to me since I work in IT. Can you please let me know how to proceed here? Do I upload a letter explaining that I don’t need the medical exam instead of that document? How did you bypass this problem when you were applying for the open work permit? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

bluelagoon019

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
JKSNK said:
Folks,

My BOWP has been approved. I am relieved now. Hopefully, I will receive the physical copy of WP next week.

Applied on 04-Aug; got approved on 30-Aug and received notification on 31-Aug.

Good Luck to others who have applied and waiting for.
So quick.
I applied on line on Aug 6. ..
Just feel nervous to wait for it...

badniks

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-08-2013
Med's Request
11-02-2014
bubence said:
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of applying for “bridging open work permit” using the online application, but I came across a problem. “Proof of medical exam” is listed in the support document that I need to provide and I cannot continue the application without this document (link to the image: http://postimg.org/image/jiaxel2g3/). As I read on the cic website and on this forum, this document is option and is required in specific cases (jobs where it is important to protect public health, agricultural job, etc. – source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=183&t=17). None of these cases apply to me since I work in IT. Can you please let me know how to proceed here? Do I upload a letter explaining that I don't need the medical exam instead of that document? How did you bypass this problem when you were applying for the open work permit? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
You don't need a medical exam, or proof of it, in order to apply for the BOWP. My guess is that in your questionnaire you said "yes" to the medical question, and that's why it's asking you for it. Change your questionnaire answer about medicals to "no", and confirm that you don't want to work in the medical-required fields, and the field should disappear.

bubence

Nov 18, 2011
Hi badniks,

Thanks for the reply. The medical question in the questionnaire was: "Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?" and I selected Yes because I just did the medicals for the PR application. In this case selecting No will be lying :). Do you still think I should select No?

Thanks,
Bube

bubence

Nov 18, 2011
Terki,

I don't want to be rude, but I don't see your point here. If I select Yes, I don't have any document to submit along with the application.

Thanks.

knm30

Aug 18, 2011
Hi,
I am already on ICT in Canada and Have applied nad got the AOR back in March 2013. My WP expires on Nov 7th 2013.

Can anyone advice if an offer letter is needed for the BOWP.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
no friend - u r ok to say yes

no proof rqd - rpo health records are viewable by cic office

pl say yes on it

badniks

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-08-2013
Med's Request
11-02-2014
knm30 - I replied to the thread you posted - it is not required.

bubence - that does explain things! In that case, an explanation letter should suffice. It's not a required document, so if you upload an explanation letter they'll see why you answered that question, and also why you haven't included the proof of it.

sondjoe

Jan 30, 2012
Hi Guys,

My husband and I are applying for BOWP together. I was wondering if any of you paid for the restoration of status of 200CAD. Its just weird why they are asking us to pay it wherein our work permit will expire this December 2013. Also, I receive this error upon submitting my husbands applications.

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue. •Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
Did you accidentally check the "restore status" box on the form?

sondjoe said:
Hi Guys,

My husband and I are applying for BOWP together. I was wondering if any of you paid for the restoration of status of 200CAD. Its just weird why they are asking us to pay it wherein our work permit will expire this December 2013. Also, I receive this error upon submitting my husbands applications.

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue. •Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
bubence said:
Terki,

I don't want to be rude, but I don't see your point here. If I select Yes, I don't have any document to submit along with the application.

Thanks.
How did you do your medicals? Was it through e-medical enabled physician? If yes, you would have got a letter with UMID which you can attach here on this online application.

I think , the rule is whoever is applying an BOWP for their spouse who has not done the medicals in last 12 months, have to go under medical tests before extending or changing the conditions of stay.

I have uploaded the proof of medicals for my spouse.

badniks

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
AOR Received.
07-08-2013
Med's Request
11-02-2014
I'm not sure medicals are mandatory if you're applying for a spouse - I'm applying for both myself and my common-law spouse and there was no mention of, or request for, any proof of medicals, since we confirmed we wouldn't be working in medical-required fields.

I think it's an additional document that the online application requests if you happen to have had a medical within the last twelve months - in which case, you can upload whichever letters of proof or reference numbers you have to hand from that medical exam.