+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
thisisauser said:
You get an email from CIC informing you that there's a new message in your MyCIC inbox. Every online application should get this.

In case of BOWP, once you go to MyCIC and click on the message, it will show the text of the message at the bottom of the window. There you will see a link which opens a new page that has your work permit details including number and validity. That can help speed up things with employers so they won't have to wait for paper copy.

In case your application is not approved I would guess CIC will similarly send a message that will appear in MyCIC inbox.

I read some applicants directly got their permit by post.

One of my friend applied for his closed permit online and recieved by post directly and no email,nor any updates in MyCIC inbox.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
guelphmm said:
I read some applicants directly got their permit by post.

One of my friend applied for his closed permit online and recieved by post directly and no email,nor any updates in MyCIC inbox.
Check spam folder. I doubt CIC would be this inconsistent, especially since this is an automated process. They would have to have provided a valid email address though. Maybe some people have old/incorrect email address on MyCIC.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
thisisauser said:
Check spam folder. I doubt CIC would be this inconsistent, especially since this is an automated process. They would have to have provided a valid email address though. Maybe some people have old/incorrect email address on MyCIC.
Checked spam folder, no updates from CIC.

I read an BOWP sucessful online applicant received his wuthout any email from CIC.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
thisisauser said:
I applied via paper application. They didn't email me anything and just mailed the permit to me directly.

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
shells said:
I applied via paper application. They didn't email me anything and just mailed the permit to me directly.
shells so you didnt even know if your package was actually received by CIC until you physically see the permit?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
shells said:
This is a MyCIC feature so if you apply via mail there won't be any email notifications. You'd have to call CIC and check via the automated system. That will tell you whether your application has been received and later if it has been approved or rejected. Once you know it's been approved you can call and ask for a person to retrieve validity period and permit#.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
s_w_u said:
shells so you didnt even know if your package was actually received by CIC until you physically see the permit?
Yup. I could have called to check, but didn't bother. I was told by the agent that I can continue working under implied status after my pgwp expires, no action was needed, so I left it at that. I sent by express mail, so unless Canada Post was on strike, they would receive it in one business day. Haha!

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
guelphmm said:
Checked spam folder, no updates from CIC.

I read an BOWP sucessful online applicant received his wuthout any email from CIC.
They usually drop messages on your MyCIC page if any further actions from you are necessary or they have comments for you before issuing it. Otherwise, they just send the permit off to you by mail. Last year, i extended my closed work permit online and did not receive any emails. I just found the permit in my mailing box after 2 weeks:) The processing time varies tho.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
thisisauser said:
This is a MyCIC feature so if you apply via mail there won't be any email notifications. You'd have to call CIC and check via the automated system. That will tell you whether your application has been received and later if it has been approved or rejected. Once you know it's been approved you can call and ask for a person to retrieve validity period and permit#.
Do you think automated system tells whether permit is issued or not?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
guelphmm said:
Do you think automated system tells whether permit is issued or not?
It should. I did that with several OCWPs and last year for my PGWP renewal. It asks for personal information (DOB, CID, etc.)

If you want to check it frequently I suggest you program the number in your phone with consideration for pauses (',' or ';' or 'p' for most smartphones) and then you won't have to enter the number sequence every time. Do it manually a couple of times and you're learn what sequence the automated system expects.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
thisisauser said:
It should. I did that with several OCWPs and last year for my PGWP renewal. It asks for personal information (DOB, CID, etc.)

If you want to check it frequently I suggest you program the number in your phone with consideration for pauses (',' or ';' or 'p' for most smartphones) and then you won't have to enter the number sequence every time. Do it manually a couple of times and you're learn what sequence the automated system expects.
I just received my BOWP today :)

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
guelphmm said:
did you get email? Or by post.
So, i applyed online on the 27th of february and i just received today by mail. I Didnt receive any email notification. It was also my concern, if I would receive something or not by email. But i didn't .
I was afraid of my application be denied bc I didn't add my AOR email and I didn't mention anything about the new bulletin. But I wrote the letter saying that I received the AOR and I wrote the number of the application. So, I guess they understood box it was spproved.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Karioca said:
So, i applyed online on the 27th of february and i just received today by mail. I Didnt receive any email notification. It was also my concern, if I would receive something or not by email. But i didn't .
I was afraid of my application be denied bc I didn't add my AOR email and I didn't mention anything about the new bulletin. But I wrote the letter saying that I received the AOR and I wrote the number of the application. So, I guess they understood box it was spproved.
congrats karioca, I will be applying on the 17th of this month. what did u select on the part where it was asked whether ur applying for work permit with same employer, new employer, initial work permit or extension, pls let me know. I don't want to make any errors. Also did u included ur work permit and AOR letter? did u provide written explanation and attached everything on a single pdf??

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
ujbaby said:
congrats karioca, I will be applying on the 17th of this month. what did u select on the part where it was asked whether ur applying for work permit with same employer, new employer, initial work permit or extension, pls let me know. I don't want to make any errors. Also did u included ur work permit and AOR letter? did u provide written explanation and attached everything on a single pdf??
Thanks ujbaby!!!
I selected New Employer, on the first page; I marked open work permit on the second page; and I wrote n/a on the prospective employer information, as I don't have any job offer.
I attached my WP and I just wrote a message saying that I received my AOR and I wrote the application number. So, actually you don't really need to attach the email you received, but make sure you write your file number, and its also good to mention about the new bulletin, so as much information you can give to them, easier for them, so they don't have to think that much.