+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP doubts - Nomination letter with "no" restrictions, but with Employer/Noc name

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hello. I applied for resident permanent through PNP on paper in November/19, and I received AOR email/letter in January/20. My provincial nominee application was under the Skilled Worker in Manitoba.

I'm currently working with a Pgwp that will expire in the end of July/20. I'm organizing myself to apply for BOWP, but I have a doubt regarding my nomination letter. My letter says that it has no employment restrictions, but it has the name of my current employer and Noc of my current work position.

Someone has experience regarding this specific situation? I believe it shouldn't be an issue.

As well, considering that this won't be an issue (it's still considered "no employment restrictions"). In the form IMM5710, should I choose: A work permit with the same employer, or A work permit for the first time or with a new employer (so far I believe the second choice seems more reasonable)?

Last edited:

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hello. I applied for resident permanent through PNP on paper in November/19, and I received AOR email/letter in January/20. My provincial nominee application was under the Skilled Worker in Manitoba.

I'm currently working with a Pgwp that will expire in the end of July/20. I'm organizing myself to apply for BOWP, but I have a doubt regarding my nomination letter. My letter says that it has no employment restrictions, but it has the name of my current employer and Noc of my current work position.

Someone has experience regarding this specific situation? I believe it shouldn't be an issue.

As well, considering that this won't be an issue (it's still considered "no employment restrictions"). In the form IMM5710, should I choose: A work permit with the same employer, or A work permit for the first time or with a new employer (so far I believe the second choice seems more reasonable)?

I found out the answer for my main doubt:
- A provincial nomination letter can have an employer and a job/noc indicated, and at the same time it also has no employment restrictions (Look for if the document has a field like "Employment Restrictions" and the answer is "No"). In this case the person should be ok to apply for BOWP in terms of this requirement. Official link with this information (look for "Determining if nomination has employment restrictions"): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html