+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP(Bridging open work permit), current work permit expired, applied for PR under CEC

Boby Thomas

Jan 11, 2024
To obtain CoPR in Canada, we need to have valid status. Until then, we don't need any status as long as we are not staying illegally. If I don't have valid status when CoPR is ready, they will hold it and wait for me to regain status in Canada. If that’s not possible, we can go to our home country to receive the PPR. Additionally, you need to submit the BOWP restoration documents as ADR to the PR file.

Boby Thomas

Jan 11, 2024
At the time of submission, you don't need valid status unless it affects your points. For some job offers and ONIP, losing status can reduce your points. If that happens, they will recalculate your points and may refuse your application.

Young abhin

Mar 16, 2024
To obtain CoPR in Canada, we need to have valid status. Until then, we don't need any status as long as we are not staying illegally. If I don't have valid status when CoPR is ready, they will hold it and wait for me to regain status in Canada. If that’s not possible, we can go to our home country to receive the PPR. Additionally, you need to submit the BOWP restoration documents as ADR to the PR file.
@Boby Thomas Thats an interesting information, I am in similar situation Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com) this page has my situation explained, I did see the fact that the IRCC will hold COPR until I regain status in many other forums including reddit as per many peoples experience, but you mentioned "we can go to our home country to receive the PPR" which is interesting, could you explain that a bit more? Because I applied for my Non-express pnp job offer based application 9 months ago so I'm expecting results on my PR soon, it has been more than 90 days on my restoration application and I was searching for alternatives if restoration takes even longer.

Boby Thomas

Jan 11, 2024
@Boby Thomas Thats an interesting information, I am in similar situation Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com) this page has my situation explained, I did see the fact that the IRCC will hold COPR until I regain status in many other forums including reddit as per many peoples experience, but you mentioned "we can go to our home country to receive the PPR" which is interesting, could you explain that a bit more? Because I applied for my Non-express pnp job offer based application 9 months ago so I'm expecting results on my PR soon, it has been more than 90 days on my restoration application and I was searching for alternatives if restoration takes even longer.
If you applied for restoration, PR officer will restore your status and give COPR. He will look for restoration applications and will restore them and the next day you will get COPR. If something else is making you ineligible for restoration, this will not apply.

Reactions: Young abhin