+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Born in US, moved to AB and was naturalized as a Canadian at age 4, moved back to US 6 years later. Am I still a Canadian citizen?

Oct 16, 2022
Hello all! So, my dad played professional football (not soccer football, the other kind) for the Eskimos and the Stampeders. Canada paid better back then. We moved to AB when I was a baby & we became naturalized when I was 4. We lived there for another 6 years then moved back to the US. I am now 57 and would like to move back to Canada, or at least explore the option. How do I find out my status? Am I still a Canadian citizen?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all! So, my dad played professional football (not soccer football, the other kind) for the Eskimos and the Stampeders. Canada paid better back then. We moved to AB when I was a baby & we became naturalized when I was 4. We lived there for another 6 years then moved back to the US. I am now 57 and would like to move back to Canada, or at least explore the option. How do I find out my status? Am I still a Canadian citizen?
You never give up citizenship so yes. You would have the paperwork - citizenship certificate or can reapply for one. Then you can apply for a passport.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022