+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Booking ticket to canada without surname

Believer_17

Apr 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,

How to book ticket to Canada with below visa as i didn't have surname in my passport.

Visa Issued as:
First name:
Surname: "xxx"

My passport details

First name: "xxx"
Surname:

Air Canada Airline is giving different answers they are saying if you dont have a surname in your passport then put "LNU" under surname and if you dont have first name then put "FNU" or "NF".

Which case i should consider as per my passport or as per my visa ? its so confusing.

Can anyone without surname in passport share his/her experience with any airline ?

Thanks

Reactions: kalyugi

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Believer_17 said:
Air Canada Airline is giving different answers they are saying if you dont have a surname in your passport then put "LNU" under surname and if you dont have first name then put "FNU" or "NF".

Which case i should consider as per my passport or as per my visa ? its so confusing.
Why are you confused? As per your own post, Air Canada has given you one answer: if you dont have a surname in your passport then put "LNU" under surname.

Believer_17

Apr 4, 2017
confusion is with regard to consider passport name or Visa Name. I got 2 different answer from air canada. So i want to if anyone else experienced same. how did it go at air port?

kalyugi

Apr 19, 2017
confusion is with regard to consider passport name or Visa Name. I got 2 different answer from air canada. So i want to if anyone else experienced same. how did it go at air port?
I have the same question and in similar situation
do you know what happened ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The name in your passport is considered your last name. You can use the LNU or FNU (first name unknown) or alternately the name in your passport for first and last (wife has been doing this for years without issue).

Reactions: kalyugi

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Please guide
My wife name is Vijay Bala
Surname..... x
While booking with Air Canada
It is showing either
1) VijayLnu
2) Vijaybala (without space in Vijay and Bala
In passport it is Vijay Bala(given name)

If booked, does it create problem at the time of boarding