+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Place Issue

Tenz

Aug 3, 2014
When he submit old passport which has wrong place of birth and new passport which is corrected with same place of birth as birth certificate? Do he has to submit any letter of explanation or affidavit?

Nishad141

Feb 5, 2018
I agree with vpatkhag comments. Submit HIGH school certificate ( must be having either parents name included) as a proof of DOB. Explain in cover letter that you do not ave birth certificate and you are providing secondary school certificate as a proof of DOB. This is what i did in my case.
Acceptable document for CIC is : Secondary school certificate having either of the parents name included as per the CIC returned letter. Place of birth is not mandatory and i have one case where birth certificate and passport place of birth was different ( bangalore vs mangalore), which went un noticed and guy is PR now...So better avoid this confusion and explain in cover letter that you have no birth certificate and hence providing school certificate as a proof. This will work without any issues.
But during express entry we have to type as per the passport right, since passport has wrong information every official Canadian record will also have wrong date of birth , it will not create any problem ?