+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate requirement

ap8989

Nov 26, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am sponsoring my wife from pakistan. I myself is a canadian citizen for the last 11 years. In the application under region specific forms for my wife ( principal applicant ) they request ( Birth certificate for your spouse and yourself ) . Im just confused why would need a birth certificate for me ( the sponsor ) who is already a canadian citizen ? I just cant find mine i was born in UAE . Any suggestions ?

Thank You

fayzaan

Apr 30, 2011
Calgary, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2011
Med's Request
14-07-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Passport Req..
22-02-2013
LOL I just asked this in my own thread, answer I got is that the only reason you (the spouse) would provide your birth certificate is if you were also applying for immigration. But since you are a Canadian Citizen, you aren't applying for it...so you just need to provide the birth certificate for your wife.

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
The reason is that the application includes generic information for many situations, one of them is when you would sponsor, for example, your parents. In that situation, let's say you would put your mother as principal applicant and your father (your mother's spouse) could also be included. In that case, the principal applicant's spouse (your dad) would be required to provide his birth certificate as well, and they would also be required to show proof of relationship to each other (i.e. marriage certificate, etc.)

In your case, since you're only sponsoring your wife/spouse, there's no need to provide a birth certificate for her spouse: because that's You, the sponsor, who happens to be, in your case, a Canadian citizen.

ap8989

Nov 26, 2010
Thank you all ! filling out these applications is a headache ! when my parents applied for immigration 17 years back it was only 6 pages long !

Thanks once again

Canuckfever

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree! Canadian Embassy is getting strict from time to time.