+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate and Proof of relationship documents Urgent

dblooos

Nov 14, 2009
Hello Seniors,
I have two doubts:
1. Can I send my Matriculation(10th Standard) certificate as a proof of my Birth Certificate, as I do not have a birth certificate and I can't get one made, because my parents did not register my birth with the designated authorities.

2. As a proof of relationship to my brother, Can I send my and his passport photocopies mentioning our Parent's name and home address. Or do I need to have a Birth certificate as a proof of relationship. What other documents I can use as a proof of relationship to my brother who is a PR in Canada?

Pleasy reply urgently as my 120 days deadline to send documents is 20 July. Thanks in advance.

Regards
dblooos

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. In case of children birth certificates are required. In case of principal application there are lot of documents showing DOB like 10th standard certificate, Passport. So, you need not worry about birth certificate.
2. In case of proof of relationship also no birth certificate is required. I am not sure of all the documents to show proof of relationship, but copy of passport & landing documents of your brother are fine.

dblooos

Nov 14, 2009
Thanks for your reply. I would really appreciate if some one can throw some more light on the Proof of Relationship issue.

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
I did not have birth certificate either, I provided 10 th copy notarized.
For relationship, i attached passport copies of myself , my brother and mother, then wrote a covering note

beely

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Guys,

I have a problem, when i applied to the CIC, i mentioned my wife's aunt in the application as a canadian relative, and i have no problem with the proof of relationship.

But the main problem is the proof of residency, i cannot proof her reesidency as she is travelling a lot with her husband and i cannot catch her at all, am trying to contact her for 3 months now and i cannot catch her.

Just for you information she is 67 years old, do you think the the visa office will accept this point, as if they reject it i'll be less than 67 and they will refuse my case

And for your information in my visa office check list, they didn't mention the proof of residency, they just ask for proof of relationship and proof of citizenship.

Do you think it will works? !!!!!!!!!!

Please help am really worry

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dbloos,

I had an exactly similar situation. We then sent my passport copy, my brothers passport copy, highlighting the parents name, marriage certificate copies of mine and his marriage, again highlighting the parents name. You would also need to send proff that he is still in Canada. Credit card bills, tax return papers, pay slips, utility bills will all help in this. We send the docuemtns and were asked to send further documents proving that he is currently in Canada, so even if it is not specifically asked or mentioned, do make sure you send proof that he is your brother, holder of PR ( a copy of that as well) and currently residing in Canada and ideally gainfully employed.

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
Mirza,
What documents did you sent further, i have sent, telephone and credit card bills, Tax returns and citizenship card copy,

Will that be ok or will they ask for further evidence?