27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
LOL

The other approved options are to send your request directly to the FBI via the mail, or go via an FBI-approved channeler.

All of which have strict guidelines. You don’t just “submit fingerprints online”
I should have said ‘Electronically.’ This process could be as simple as submitting your picture online and have your fingerprint impression form mailed directly to IRCC if IRCC and Service Canada can not work together to open biometrics soon. Yes, this is not at the top of their list but even a lower priority thing should not be taking 6 months to be addressed. As much as I appreciate IRCC’s actions (doing rounds of invitations and making exceptions) during the beginning of the pandemic, I dislike their status quo about it. I do not think it’s unreasonable for people to expect some kind of response from IRCC other than ‘wait until biometrics collection reopens’ when both you and I know COVID is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Aug 30, 2020
Hi All. I am on Open work permit (PGWP) in canada ( expires September 27,2020 and i am waiting for decision on express entry Permanent residence ,because of covid 19 i am not able submit biometric , it has been six months since i have submitted my application (Under CEC class). I just want to know is there any possibility to get approval of PR without the biometrics submission? Does anyone got PR without biometrics in recent months?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Now we are entering September, let’s guess whether decision on biometrics will be concluded in 6 months, forget about application, or whether we will be entering 7th month hearing silly excuses from customer service

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Now we are entering September, let’s guess whether decision on biometrics will be concluded in 6 months, forget about application, or whether we will be entering 7th month hearing silly excuses from customer service
September will be an interesting month. Expected second wave of COVID-19 and many more applications going over the 6 month mark since biometrics shut down. I'm hoping this is crunch time to make a decision here.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi All. I am on Open work permit (PGWP) in canada ( expires September 27,2020 and i am waiting for decision on express entry Permanent residence ,because of covid 19 i am not able submit biometric , it has been six months since i have submitted my application (Under CEC class). I just want to know is there any possibility to get approval of PR without the biometrics submission? Does anyone got PR without biometrics in recent months?
Hey Bud, If you haven't, you might wanna apply for BOWP ASAP.

Reactions: MaplePandaUK

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
September will be an interesting month. Expected second wave of COVID-19 and many more applications going over the 6 month mark since biometrics shut down. I'm hoping this is crunch time to make a decision here.
There are thousands of inland PR applicants with biometrics already collected for WP applications. Why can't these date be used now for EE? In my PR application page IRCC even shows my biometrics number and expire date from the WP application done in 2018. I sent a webform to IRCC and they replied a standard answer. I hope they change this policy soon.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
There are thousands of inland PR applicants with biometrics already collected for WP applications. Why can't these date be used now for EE?
I wish they could and would think this would be the next logical move for IRCC. They say biometrics are used for fraud prevention to show the WP > PR applicant is indeed the same person, but in my situation I have never needed to give biometrics in the past at all, so I'm not even sure what they are comparing them to in the first place. It's all a big mess at this stage really.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
They wont make any decision but keep on dragging, I am sure many people stuck around Feb/March must be cursing luck. You really need good luck when you deal with governmental agencies.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Maybe because they think it's unfair as there are many applicants including me who got the work permit without giving biometrics, and have reached Canada earlier.
There are thousands of inland PR applicants with biometrics already collected for WP applications. Why can't these date be used now for EE? In my PR application page IRCC even shows my biometrics number and expire date from the WP application done in 2018. I sent a webform to IRCC and they replied a standard answer. I hope they change this policy soon.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Maybe because they think it's unfair as there are many applicants including me who got the work permit without giving biometrics, and have reached Canada earlier.
This process is unfair in general. While FSW candidates did not get any ITAs until recently, they have their applications opened way faster than CEC candidates. Some of these FSW candidates are able to submit biometrics while not being able to land. CEC candidates on the other hand are stuck with no update on the biometrics situation. It really seems like IRCC is stalling for time here.

Reactions: Dhan09

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
This is just insane. It has been almost a month and a half since they announced biometrics exemption for inland temporary residence applications. As I said, the more and more you think about it, it feels like they are stalling to buy more time to process all these applications. COVID is just a convenient excuse to not open biometrics collection, therefore giving themselves more time to process these applications. If there are 40,000 applications waiting to submit their biometrics, each Service Canada location has to collect biometrics from 689 applicants if they start collecting biometrics from tomorrow. I do not see any logic behind delaying it even further while inviting more people to apply.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Tomorrow is going to be a significant day because none of the March AORs have received PPR so far. So much for 80% of cases being processed within 180 days. Even with COVID-19, the processing should not be as affected as other paper applications as Express Entry is fully online.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Can only keep staying positive even though we don't know the ball is rolling to what direction. Man the wait is horrible (
This process is unfair in general. While FSW candidates did not get any ITAs until recently, they have their applications opened way faster than CEC candidates. Some of these FSW candidates are able to submit biometrics while not being able to land. CEC candidates on the other hand are stuck with no update on the biometrics situation. It really seems like IRCC is stalling for time here.

darkrages

Aug 20, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20-07-2020
Nomination.....
20-03-2020
AOR Received.
02-05-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
I'm in the same boat as most of the people here regarding biometrics(CEC inland, full application submitted in may 2nd, received the BIL but can't give my fingerprints due to office closures). This waiting sucks, but nothing else pisses me off more than having valid biometrics I had to give in January in support of a WP extension. Knowing it is valid for ten years not being used for the PR is frustrating at least. I submitted a web form recently asking if it could be used but IRCC said they just can't do anything. Then the long wait continues...good luck for us all.

ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Tomorrow is going to be a significant day because none of the March AORs have received PPR so far. So much for 80% of cases being processed within 180 days. Even with COVID-19, the processing should not be as affected as other paper applications as Express Entry is fully online.
have you passed eligibility yet?