+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

calgary_sam

Jul 10, 2019
Guys,
I'm the sponsor for an outland PR application for my wife.
We received an email requesting Biometrics to be provided which we did. Since then gCKey shows a "Biometric Enrollment" date.
Couple of questions here, what does the "Enrollment Date" signify, does that mean the Biometrics have been received by the Sydney office ? Also, I have seen in many forums here talking about "Passing Biometrics" , what does this mean ?
Appreciate any comments that can clarify this for me.

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
It's just telling you that the biometrics stuff was received by CIC. If you scroll down to the section that says "Details about your application status" you should see that the Biometrics section says "Complete" now. When people talk about "passing" biometrics, it just means that the info has been successfully uploaded to your application. I really don't think that there's a way to fail it haha! But relax, it means everything went fine.

calgary_sam

Jul 10, 2019
It's just telling you that the biometrics stuff was received by CIC. If you scroll down to the section that says "Details about your application status" you should see that the Biometrics section says "Complete" now. When people talk about "passing" biometrics, it just means that the info has been successfully uploaded to your application. I really don't think that there's a way to fail it haha! But relax, it means everything went fine.
Thanks for the post and your reassurance.
When I scrolled down it says "Biometrics are not required, we will let you know if needed' (I'm paraphrasing it ), that is why all this confusion lol

Desman73

Jul 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
28-04-2019
AOR Received.
18-05-2019
Thanks for the post and your reassurance.
When I scrolled down it says "Biometrics are not required, we will let you know if needed' (I'm paraphrasing it ), that is why all this confusion lol
My wife gave the Bio metrics on july 10 and gcKey got updated today only, so wait a day or two it will get updated

NehaGupta19

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Jalandhar
NOC Code......
Hello there, i need help. I gave my Biometrics on July25th and it was updated on my application immediately in a day or so. But under the “details of application status” it says they havent received my fingerprints. I dont understand the discrepancy. If anyone could help.