+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Nov 18, 2018
About 30 days after receiving my AOR, on Nov 10th, I received a letter that stated - I need to get Biometrics done. I printed the letter and got it done at a VAC where they stamped the letter after taking my fingerprint and photo. I logged on the Immigration Canada portal and it had updated the appropriate "Date of Biometrics Enrollment" and "Biometrics Number" and "Biometrics Expiry date"

But
When I log into the portal, it still says: "Your action is required" under my permanent resident application.
Under the section "Details about your application status, under Biometrics it says

"Biometrics: We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

Q: Do I need to upload this stamped letter that I got after I got my biometrics done?

I don't see anywhere I could upload this letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackan

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
About 30 days after receiving my AOR, on Nov 10th, I received a letter that stated - I need to get Biometrics done. I printed the letter and got it done at a VAC where they stamped the letter after taking my fingerprint and photo. I logged on the Immigration Canada portal and it had updated the appropriate "Date of Biometrics Enrollment"

But
When I log into the portal, it still says: "Your action is required" under my permanent resident application.
Under the section "Details about your application status, under Biometrics it says

"Biometrics: We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

Q: Do I need to upload this stamped letter that I got after I got my biometrics done?

no you do not need anything to do.
Your status will change to "Completed" for Biometrics in due course time.
Mine was updated following day till then message will remain same.
Do not worry

Reactions: jackan
Nov 18, 2018
no you do not need anything to do.
Your status will change to "Completed" for Biometrics in due course time.
Mine was updated following day till then message will remain same.
Do not worry

Thanks for your response.

Did your Biometrics status change into "Completed" in 1 day?

I gave my fingerprint and photo at the VAC 3 days ago on November 18th.

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Yeah mine got updated in 1 day but timing can be different.
I have read people getting this updated after few days or even weeks however, it should not be a problem.
If you do not see it updated in few days you can raise CSE to confirm if your biometrics are received for your comfort.

Note: I am not an expert and just giving my opinion based on what I have read in this forum so you may take action as you like.

Reactions: fsw_expressentry

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
About 30 days after receiving my AOR, on Nov 10th, I received a letter that stated - I need to get Biometrics done. I printed the letter and got it done at a VAC where they stamped the letter after taking my fingerprint and photo. I logged on the Immigration Canada portal and it had updated the appropriate "Date of Biometrics Enrollment" and "Biometrics Number" and "Biometrics Expiry date"

But

Hi, I am in the same situation now, did your biometrics updated? and how long it took?

rajivsharma2004

Sep 25, 2018
I made the payment for biometrics after my medical on 30/09/2019.
Do i have to wait for CIC to send me instructions for biometrics or should i go ahead and book the appointment directly with VFS near me.

Please advice as i have read somewhere that without biometrics my application will not move further.

Enochuwa1

Feb 28, 2021
I apply for student visa and spouse open work permit for my spouse in March 10 2021, and we made payment for biometrics in my spouse name and I send the biometrics fee receipt thru webform and on giving my information but didn't give my spouse information. Now my biometrics letter was received but my spouse biometrics was given. Please kindly advise me what to do because we have made appointment with VAC to give biometrics in the next 2 days