+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

samka

Jan 23, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have a question, how long after you give your biometrics your status in CIC changes?
I did the biometrics for work permit LMIA exempt 1 day ago but my status is the same (we need applicant biometrics)
Do I have to wait certain time or there might be biometric loss?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It takes a few weeks to process. It's unrealistic to expect your status to change immediately.

samka

Jan 23, 2016
Thank you for the information
I was in doubt because I applied previously for a visitor visa after I did my biometrics my status changed right after !

samka

Jan 23, 2016
Also what I mean by changing of status is the biometric status only not the whole application.
Because until now next to the biometric in the table it still says we need the applicant biometrics (even though I did it) and your action is required!

samar67

Jun 1, 2016
Is your problem solved?
I gave my biometric a week ago , but still when I open my application it's written "your action is required" , and in the application status section in front of biometric it says we need applicant biometric.
I'm not sure if there is a problem in their system or it's normal. I applied for canada visa previously and it only took 2-3 hours to update this part but now it's a week and still it keep saying they need my biometric!

yazan_rus

Sep 25, 2017
Is your problem solved?
I gave my biometric a week ago , but still when I open my application it's written "your action is required" , and in the application status section in front of biometric it says we need applicant biometric.
I'm not sure if there is a problem in their system or it's normal. I applied for canada visa previously and it only took 2-3 hours to update this part but now it's a week and still it keep saying they need my biometric!
It's 25 days in my case and counting!! help!

Alireza_njm

Oct 22, 2017
I think it depends on the punctuality of VAC officer to upload your biometric information on the IRCC system.
Anyway, Dont worry! It has not yet been seen that the process of giving fingerprints has failed.