+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics was done but not updated in GCKey

sanalaj

Oct 14, 2021
Hi,

I gave my biometrics on 11Oct. It has been a week since then but it hasn't been updated in my account. I was told by the person who took my biometrics that it should get done in 2 days.

Should I be concerned? Is this normal these days? Please let me know what should be my next step as per your opinion.

Thanks!

Reactions: Nemerj19

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

I gave my biometrics on 11Oct. It has been a week since then but it hasn't been updated in my account. I was told by the person who took my biometrics that it should get done in 2 days.

Should I be concerned? Is this normal these days? Please let me know what should be my next step as per your opinion.

Thanks!
Yes this happens sometimes especially if you are from India or other similar countries with a huge backlog on biometrics. It will eventually reflect. If there's any issue with your biometrics they will contact you directly.

Nemerj19

Sep 4, 2021
Hi,

Thanks!
Same thing happened with me I gave my biometrics in Riyadh on 10 oct 2021 and it got updated on 21 oct 2021

Ayxshi373

Oct 25, 2021
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi, I have the same situation, I gave my biometrics on 20th October, and it’s been 5 days there is no update on my GC key account yet, the biometrics enrolment date is reflecting on the upper right side of the gc key but under biometrics status, it still shows ‘your fingerprints are needed’
I have raised several webforms regarding this issue as well, but I haven’t received a reply yet.

Was your problem solved? Any updates yet?

sanalaj

Oct 14, 2021
Hi, I have the same situation, I gave my biometrics on 20th October, and it’s been 5 days there is no update on my GC key account yet, the biometrics enrolment date is reflecting on the upper right side of the gc key but under biometrics status, it still shows ‘your fingerprints are needed’
I have raised several webforms regarding this issue as well, but I haven’t received a reply yet.

A lot of people get their BVL and Medical update along with their PPR. I think its okay and we have nothing to worry.

sanalaj

Oct 14, 2021
Yes this happens sometimes especially if you are from India or other similar countries with a huge backlog on biometrics. It will eventually reflect. If there's any issue with your biometrics they will contact you directly.
Hey. It's been 2 months and my biometrics is still not updated. Usually, people get it updated in the first week itself. Do you think this could create any issue in my application? Quite stressed about it because people have started getting medical updates and then PPR.

Reactions: Adduaftab

Adduaftab

Feb 26, 2022
Hey. It's been 2 months and my biometrics is still not updated. Usually, people get it updated in the first week itself. Do you think this could create any issue in my application? Quite stressed about it because people have started getting medical updates and then PPR.
Hey,
I have been facing the same Issue now. Did your biometrics get updated with PPR or you had to raised any webform for that.
Please let me know.. Really very worried because Its been almost 2 months since I’ve given my biometrics and it has not been updated yet..

Kelvin Simon

Apr 1, 2022
Hey,
I have been facing the same Issue now. Did your biometrics get updated with PPR or you had to raised any webform for that.
Please let me know.. Really very worried because Its been almost 2 months since I’ve given my biometrics and it has not been updated yet..
Hi, did your issue got resolved because I am facing the same issue now

vaibhavX123

Mar 31, 2023
hey there,
i am facing the issue applying for Canada visa . I have already given my bio metric at Ahmadabad on 27th feb 2023,and did not get any update on ircc website. it's been a month.
i also raise one web from on ircc and in reply they said that we have received your biometric data.
in some video on YouTube. They said that if your biometric status on ircc website "Biometric status Tool" showing valid than you have to raise a web from and told them that you have a technical problem in GC Key portal.
I have recently raised the web form regarding that and waiting for the ans.
so can you please tell me what happened in your case and what yo had done to resolve this issue.
thank you.
@Johnsnow 007 @wonderbly @Naturgrl Please advise.

Reactions: theonlyone1

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
hey there,
i am facing the issue applying for Canada visa . I have already given my bio metric at Ahmadabad on 27th feb 2023,and did not get any update on ircc website. it's been a month.
i also raise one web from on ircc and in reply they said that we have received your biometric data.
in some video on YouTube. They said that if your biometric status on ircc website "Biometric status Tool" showing valid than you have to raise a web from and told them that you have a technical problem in GC Key portal.
I have recently raised the web form regarding that and waiting for the ans.
so can you please tell me what happened in your case and what yo had done to resolve this issue.
thank you.
@Johnsnow 007 @wonderbly @Naturgrl Please advise.
IRCC confirmed they received your biometrics, so there's no reason to worry about it any longer. It will be updated on your profile eventually.

marium_sagg23

Jan 6, 2023

Was ur problem resolved ?