+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics from B.C, Canada

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hello, I'm in Canada right now.

I plan to apply for a study visa as if I'm outside of Canada, so I have to give Canada my biometrics.

I see that I have to do in United States and just come back. However, I have to make an appointment with them 2 weeks before for biometrics.

I see Canada option and it says this :

[Only certain students and workers are eligible to apply at a POE. Make sure you’re eligible before you go.
  • While applying at a POE, you can give your biometrics
  • You must start and finish your application at the same POE]
They are saying only certain students and workers do biometrics in Canada.

I'm on a implied status after applying PR+ open work permit. I haven't gotten open work permit yet, so I think my status is visitor.

Do you know if I can give my biometrics in Canada with my situation? I know it says only students and workers but I'm giving a shot at it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I plan to apply for a study visa as if I'm outside of Canada, so I have to give Canada my biometrics.

I see that I have to do in United States and just come back. However, I have to make an appointment with them 2 weeks before for biometrics.

[Only certain students and workers are eligible to apply at a POE. Make sure you’re eligible before you go.

I'm on a implied status after applying PR+ open work permit. I haven't gotten open work permit yet, so I think my status is visitor.

Do you know if I can give my biometrics in Canada with my situation? I know it says only students and workers but I'm giving a shot at it.
No. You must do biometrics outside of Canada.

Visittostudy

Jan 7, 2020

Hey r u on visitor visa in canada