+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric letter

mahroo

Apr 15, 2014
Hi, my question is about biometric letter. I am from Iran and have to do biometric collection. I applied for Canada visa 5 days ago but I do not know why I have not received any biometric instruction letter yet (referral letter). My application was confirmed. I even was charged for biometric test. I know that I have to go to a VAC place for fingerprint collection but I need a referral letter first.

would appreciate your help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mahroo said:
Hi, my question is about biometric letter. I am from Iran and have to do biometric collection. I applied for Canada visa 5 days ago but I do not know why I have not received any biometric instruction letter yet (referral letter). My application was confirmed. I even was charged for biometric test. I know that I have to go to a VAC place for fingerprint collection but I need a referral letter first.

It sounds like you didn't follow the instructions here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/turkey-turquie/visas/iran.aspx?lang=eng There is nothing in the instructions about receiving a letter to attend the VAC for biometrics, you just go.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahroo said:

You can show up in person for your biometrics - no letter will be provided

mahroo

Apr 15, 2014
Thanks for your responses,

I live in US and applied online. it is stated clearly in my account that "If we require biometrics, you will receive a letter telling you how to submit biometrics in the "application messages" section in your CIC account."

In addition, I checked several links, notes and movies including the one uploaded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada saying that there is a letter which I should print out and submit it to VAC for my Biometric collection (youtube.com/watch?v=snEE_ZX6WYQ). My friends also with similar situations told me they received this letter upon submission of their online applications.

I am confused now, I have to drive for hours to reach any VAC place and worried if they do not collect my biometric without that letter. On the other hand, I do not want any delay in my visa processing, I have to be in Canada before mid-June.

It would be great if you can help me more! Thanks.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahroo said:
Thanks for your responses,

I live in US and applied online. it is stated clearly in my account that "If we require biometrics, you will receive a letter telling you how to submit biometrics in the "application messages" section in your CIC account."

In addition, I checked several links, notes and movies including the one uploaded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada saying that there is a letter which I should print out and submit it to VAC for my Biometric collection (youtube.com/watch?v=snEE_ZX6WYQ). My friends also with similar situations told me they received this letter upon submission of their online applications.

I am confused now, I have to drive for hours to reach any VAC place and worried if they do not collect my biometric without that letter. On the other hand, I do not want any delay in my visa processing, I have to be in Canada before mid-June.

It would be great if you can help me more! Thanks.
Give them a call before your planning to head over there - They should tell you what you need to bring

mahroo

Apr 15, 2014
I have to go to Chicago center and there is no contact number/email. There is just one physical address :(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mahroo said:
I have to go to Chicago center and there is no contact number/email. There is just one physical address :(
1. You didn't bother to tell us that you were in the US.
2. You can walk in to an ASC centre in the US, no appointment necessary see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/vac/list.asp#U

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM
Without the letter, he can't go for his biometrics. I tried to do that last month because I was desperate to go to Canada (father was critical in hospital in Canada, he passed away since). I had to wait for the letter.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahroo said:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

You can enter your area code and look for the nearest office to you -

Also - If I were you, I would call CIC ASAP regarding the missing instruction letter or check your MyCIC account to see if it's there so they can send mail you another one!

From the US - 1-613-944-4000

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny
As a citizen of Iran, he needs to give biometrics. Check the list of countries.
Mahroo
I suggest you call LA VAC and let them know that you haven't received the letter. NY and LA consulates don't answer TRV questions over the phone.

mahroo

Apr 15, 2014
Thanks everybody,

I have talked with LA VAC but found no response. I also called 1-888-242-2100 and 1-613-944-4000. The first one is all busy and the second one says it is not for my area after entering 1,1,2 (it is supposed to be from US but do not know why this message comes). I would try it tomorrow again!

P.S. @ Dear Bonitaellada, I am sorry for your loss, RIP.
@ PMM, sorry I did not mention first, applying online I was just thinking it should be a matter of citizenship not residency.
@ johnny31, thanks for the link and the phone number.

mahroo

Apr 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

I finally got the biometric letter. But I still have a problem.

My husband and I are going to travel together. I applied for both of us and paid the fees for both of us. But this biometric letter just indicates my name and they did not send the biometric letter for my husband.

As far as I know, each person should have individual biometric letter. Have you heard anything that a family can go to give biometric just with one letter?

Would appreciate your help,
Mahroo

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahoo
Each applicant should have a biometrics letter. Read the letter that you received. It has your name on it. The biometrics centre will ask for each letter. Otherwise, they won't let you in.
Wait for your husband's letter. You will get it.